Subs Up Or Back?

Ok everyone I almost have the money to build a new box. I already talked to roscoe about it but I might do a different design and I dont want to keep asking just him. (want to stay on his good side or he will drop the hammer)!!! j/k roscoe. Anyway I have a 97 sunfire trunk space is 38 wide max by 30 deep max and about 13 tall if i want to get it in the trunk. Anyone out there know what sub and port placement works better in a sunfire? Roscoe suggested walling it off...I was wondering if subs up port to the side or back would work better? Im doing a removable port for this box ...33ish dd and anywhere from 44 to 60's for comps. I have 2 cvx 12's 2 ohm running off a 2000 watt PA gothik amp. Roscoe chim in too if you want I have everything but the wood for the build.

sean

Bass junkie for life!

99 eclipse under construction

91 AWD turbo talon under construction

98 extendedcab s-10 under construction

S W A T!

141.3 dash (97 sunfire)

140.3 kick (97 sunfire)

right now it is subs and port back...but im not liking the output..kinda sounds distorted on certain songs. I listen to rap mostly...wife likes both rock and some rap

Bass junkie for life!

S W A T!

141.3 dash (97 sunfire)

140.3 kick (97 sunfire)

mods if you want to move this to another forum I wasnt sure where to post it....

Bass junkie for life!

S W A T!

141.3 dash (97 sunfire)

140.3 kick (97 sunfire)

Dude there are some very experienced shops there in Omaha why dont you go talk to a few of them and get some Ideas of what they think would work. Then you can take what they say and what you read here and make a decision on what would work for you. Most shops have demo vehicles and such to listen to as well. Just my 2 cents though.

Sub back or sub forward work well. However, sub back can cause problems if the box is big and it blocks the wave from coming back into the car. Most SPL trunk installs are sub forward.

1992 GMC Sonoma

2008 MECA S1 Champ, 2010 MECA S2 Champ

Sub back or sub forward work well. However, sub back can cause problems if the box is big and it blocks the wave from coming back into the car. Most SPL trunk installs are sub forward.

2x

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

I would say the trunk app is gonna work with the trunk being totally sealed off from the cab with port and subs forward. Otherwise a wall is in order but probably will be alot of dead space with only 2 12's.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

This is just based on what works for my car....

I built a box with subs and port back, got no airflow into the cab pointed back.

Flipped the box forward gain like 2 db.

Best to date is subs up port forward. Mostly everyone that looks at it says that a setup this way would work good, but a works for me.

the best thing for you to do is build a cheap test box and test away, then build a good box.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs