Sonic Electronix

What Makes A Car Loud On The Outside?

the ones with little to no deadening... You could barely hear the burb on the outside and I had only 2 layers of hushmat on it.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

the ones with little to no deadening... You could barely hear the burb on the outside and I had only 2 layers of hushmat on it.

The 1 that won SOTM?

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

well ii can kinda answer your question...

if u roll down town of a city somewhere or the "strip" with all those gift shops with big ass windows, those low frequencies will bounce off those building and your shit will be felt a lil further....

ehh i cant explain it that well.. maybe someone else can try

2000 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5

(6) Boston 6 1/2's

(4) Boston SPG555

(2) Rockford Fosgate T1000

(1) Rockford Fosgate T400

truck1.jpg

meca's drive-by comp. is a good example here....the meter is 6ft away from the car on a stand at about shoulder height...

sub/port positioning, different window combinations (some up, some down) and where the mic is in relationship to the car have a lot to do with things...

i likes me some audio stuff...

IMO! It all about projection! Placement/Positioning of your mids and highs has big factor. Most people will put spekers in stock locations and ask their self I bought these nice mids & highs but they don't sound good? Thats beacuse there most likely facing twords the end of your seat cushon. Make those bad MOFO's point towards the open windows with some mid & highs in the A & b pillers. And your Shit will be spittin when your standing out side your ride!! FO SHO.....

SMDsigbannr4.jpg-

i have this problem. decently loud on the inside but not so much on the out.

one thing i noticed about my car tho is when i stand just behind the windows there is very little sound but when i move towards the front of the window it becomes much louder.

so i think it all has to do wit sub position and how well the sound can move out of the car

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

yup that one there...

You said deadening materials, but does it really matter that much? The reason I ask is because I've seen 2 Legacy 12"s (I know, stop laughing, I promise they weren't mine), on a backseat in a small sealed box facing forward, that you could hear coming real far. Inside the car, it wasn't the greatest by any means, and I KNOW your equipment is MUCH MUCH BETTER, that's why I don't understand. I'm thinking you're using the term "Barely hear the Burb", very loosely. Enlighten me with any ideas if you can plz.

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

Archived