Second Skin Audio

Should I Polyfill Or Not?

O.k. I ordered 2 fi 15" q's with the bp option. I have two 2.25 cube enclosures already and need to know if it would be better for me to polyfill them. The subs call for 2-2.6cubes sealed, and after displacement they will have 2.06cubes. Would polyfilling the enclosures give me deeper bass extension? Also, would it make my numbers on the tl drop versus leaving the polyfill out? When it comes down to it, whichever way sounds better is what matters to me. If anyone has any info on this, please help. thanks!!!

Edited by eaglescorpio1

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

ive never used poly fil on a ported set up

but on a sealed set up it makes a big difference.

idk about being not as loud, but i know it makes 'em get lower and sound great

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

I say the hell with numbers and go with the polyfil. Almost all of my enclosures I would try without the fill, then with and I know a human ear can't tell the difference between a number or two, but you will notice a better sound, and a better quality of the sound.

The theory is that the fill will trick the subs into thinking the box is bigger than it is. (Great for regular cab truck boxes) Therefore If I am a hair shy of the recommended volume I will always add fill to my boxes. But like I said, best thing is listen to it without fill, then add the fill and see.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Sealed boxes definately see an improvement from it, I have it my ported wall, but have not powered it up yet; I was about 0.25 cu ft to small raising my tune a few hz, so I am trying to gain back some space by 'fooling' the subs.

I am a believer in it! The general advice is 1 lb polyfill per cu ft of airspace, and it does not have to packed tightly around the sub itself, stuff it away from the sub motor towards the outer walls of the box.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

let me side track if you don't mind. but on polyfill wont it get blown out or around the box and if you fill the box with it around the sub and everything is there a chance the sub can suck some in?(not really SUCK but get it close to the voice coil and mess it up?)

let me side track if you don't mind. but on polyfill wont it get blown out or around the box and if you fill the box with it around the sub and everything is there a chance the sub can suck some in?(not really SUCK but get it close to the voice coil and mess it up?)

Ive never had that happen...

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Ive never had that happen...

So what if you already have the max recommended box? I also have a 15" Q in a 2.6 internal sealed after displacement and everyrthing, would it actually hurt me in this case?

2003 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ

Pioneer 980BT

16 SA-10's - 4th Order Bandpass

NS-1 - 3 D3100's

DC & XS Power, Audio Technix, Sound Deadener Showdown

Team Sundown Audio

ok, anyone know what the best polyfill is and where to get some? would it hurt the guys situation above this post^^^? and 1pound per cube at gross or net airspace? thx!!!

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png