Need A New Daily Driver..

Need help choosing new daily vehicle.

94 Honda Civic(sedan,manual trans) vs 99 Chevy Malibu?

heres my take....

HONDA

Pros: GAS MILEAGE!,Stick shift(fun to drive),tons of aftermarket support,GAS MILEAGE!!

Cons: Top most stolen vehicle,stick shift(B**** in traffic).

CHEVY

Pros:Everything

Cons: GAS MILEAGE!

Heres where I need your help...

I have a chance to get either cars pretty cheap.

Which would you rather have in your driveway for a daily vehicle?

Which one would be easier to work on and cheaper to maintain?

Would insurance be higher than the other car?

Which car would be safer for my family?

spc2zx0.png

how much miles on both cars???

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Ummm malibu's get really good gas mileage actually.....my mom has an 03 loaded and it gets great gas mileage....

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

what civic is it ?like a dx, lx, ex?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Guest Powered By Hate

Owning two hondas and working at a car tire/repairs/battery shop.. I KNOW if it wasnt for FORD, GM, and Chrysler there wouldnt be a St. Lucie Battery and Tire. All the domestics come in with BULLSHIT (by bullshit I mean stupid fucking idiotic problems.) issues and we fix em and get that money. Toyota's, Honda's, hyundais, daewoo's, even.. they come in for oil and tire. Maybe an alternator here and there.. OCCASIONAL front end parts (even with the old ones). The newer year 2000 and above vehicles (domestics) come in.. omfg. I can pretty much guarantee your gonna have front end problems. I dont care what anyone says, how many someones owns etc.. if you deal with 50+ cars a day you see patterns. American cars and shit and please dont punish yourself.

Yes I'm biased to imports cause I like saving money on gas and STUPID BULLSHIT repairs and issues. If you hate yourself, get a chevy ford or dodge.

Owning two hondas and working at a car tire/repairs/battery shop.. I KNOW if it wasnt for FORD, GM, and Chrysler there wouldnt be a St. Lucie Battery and Tire. All the domestics come in with BULLSHIT (by bullshit I mean stupid fucking idiotic problems.) issues and we fix em and get that money. Toyota's, Honda's, hyundais, daewoo's, even.. they come in for oil and tire. Maybe an alternator here and there.. OCCASIONAL front end parts (even with the old ones). The newer year 2000 and above vehicles (domestics) come in.. omfg. I can pretty much guarantee your gonna have front end problems. I dont care what anyone says, how many someones owns etc.. if you deal with 50+ cars a day you see patterns. American cars and shit and please dont punish yourself.

Yes I'm biased to imports cause I like saving money on gas and STUPID BULLSHIT repairs and issues. If you hate yourself, get a chevy ford or dodge.

wow

:01nocomment8so:

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

i would personly go for the honda over any other, mainly because the resell values are so high on them vs other makes like ford and chevy... and they look great and shit tons of upgrades you can do....

ever see a mali with 18s and the stick on fender vents...=== ghetto to the 3rd

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

well i have a 99 malibu and well.... i say dont get it... ive had over 2-3g in repairs in the last 4 years with it... i persoally hate the car and gettin rid of it... not very reliable...

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

So as a teenager I loved domestic. I was a Chevy boy, I have owned a 91 Astro, 88 S-10, 2000 Malibu, then the most recent Domestic was a Dodge Intrepid 2004 (ill get to that in a bit). I miss all my Chevys but it was a love hate relationship with each one. Although the most reliable one was the Astro, then the s-10, I say this because for the age and miles the repairs werent that bad but still.

Then I fell in love with the Malibu, got it brand new, was great, I thought this is the car I knew America could build...LOL...Then the problems started. Monthly payments and having to replace the rotors at 15K Tires at 20K and Rotors again at 28K...Keep in mind all this happened within a two to three year time period, I put about 20-25K a year on my cars...at 35K the Rotors needed replacing again so this time I invested in slotted rotors because it seemed the design defect was that they overheated too fast...Then a couple months later out of left field I take it in because its losing coolant bad...it had around 38K on it at the time and thought well if its the engine maybe Chevy would be cool about it or at least cover some of whats wrong...I took it in and sure enough, head gaskets were blown...keep in mind I drive like a granny...They said they didnt like doing repairs on that and just replaced engines if they needed new gaskets....LOL so at that point I lost all love for Chevy...I still miss the car but it was a headace...I got the Dodge to get out of the Chevy and it was what I could afford because I was upside down on the Chevy....

The Dodge was not nowhere as bad as the Chevy but I just didnt really like it, I put about 40K on it and didnt really have much of a problem except I found out early on that those engines build up sludge like crazy if you dont use expensive synthetic oil and with regular oil may not go beyond 150K so I started that early on and made sure I changed every 5K.

I used to laugh because my brother got a 97 Civic as his first car, told him Civics were chick cars...Honda's were crap...blah blah blah....Well 145K later and only break pads, tires, a couple tunes ups and regular oil every 7K he still has his Civic.

Long story short I am the proud owner of a Honda CR-V now...I love it and plan on keeping it well beyond the time I pay it off....so far I put 28K on it and I change the oil every 8K or so and the tires are even still good on it...I am a definite believer in the power of rice...lol...I love my import and dont plan on buying domestic anymore...Although Mercury did take top spot in reliability amongst luxury cars all around lone term reliability has been with Honda and Toyota brands for many years. I still love Chevys but I wouldnt own one as a daily.

Then I fell in love with the Malibu, got it brand new, was great, I thought this is the car I knew America could build...LOL...Then the problems started. Monthly payments and having to replace the rotors at 15K Tires at 20K and Rotors again at 28K...Keep in mind all this happened within a two to three year time period, I put about 20-25K a year on my cars...at 35K the Rotors needed replacing again so this time I invested in slotted rotors because it seemed the design defect was that they overheated too fast...Then a couple months later out of left field I take it in because its losing coolant bad...it had around 38K on it at the time and thought well if its the engine maybe Chevy would be cool about it or at least cover some of whats wrong...I took it in and sure enough, head gaskets were blown...keep in mind I drive like a granny...They said they didnt like doing repairs on that and just replaced engines if they needed new gaskets....LOL so at that point I lost all love for Chevy...I still miss the car but it was a headace...I got the Dodge to get out of the Chevy and it was what I could afford because I was upside down on the Chevy....

Rotors

Coolant

Head Gasket

My exact 3 problems plus ignition(theft system)

just replaced my igntion because it got to the point where everytime i had to start my car the theft system would go off and after that you pup the brakes 3 times and sit 10min well... sometimes it did 3 or 4 times in a row and at gas stations when there was a line of 10 ppl behind me..... Never buy a Malibu!!! lol well older one..

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals