Second Skin Audio

Just Picked Up 99vic's Old Re Mx

eh 250 for a sub that needed recone isnt all that bad, but considering he paid that for it and then clipped on it , i didnt feel it was worth 250 to me.

No offense to him i just rather not have a sub that people have abused. Yea i could have got it reconed on the cheap but just 1 mx wouldnt be enough for my build so im working on getting my other subs and amps for my build.

Grats on the sale and grats on your pickup of the DC's 99vic

2 people who have actually handled the woofer said its fine, why did you say it needs to be reconed still?

I dont get it

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

imo clipping problem from previous owner means im not running it til its reconed.

coil resistance jumping all over the place means im not running it without a recone.

it then becomes upwards of a 600 dollar investment after shipping back and forth to RE and the 170 dollar recone.

coil resistance jumping all over the place means im not running it without a recone.

that would be user error. both shops i took it to in vacaville had a solid reading from both coils, vic even described what he was doing wrong while testing.

I'm sure in its life its had some clipped signal sent to it, with a recone i still say its worth it. (hense be buying it lol)

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

that would be user error. both shops i took it to in vacaville had a solid reading from both coils, vic even described what he was doing wrong while testing.

I'm sure in its life its had some clipped signal sent to it, with a recone i still say its worth it. (hense be buying it lol)

-Drew

no offense to anyone, but how do you have user error on one coil but not the other? he said one jumped around and one gave him a good reading iirc

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

eh i dont care either way, i went by what David said his meter did, i dont feel like i lost anythign by not buying it, i had first dibs lol, and thanks for that, just wasant worth it for me in the long run.

no offense to anyone, but how do you have user error on one coil but not the other? he said one jumped around and one gave him a good reading iirc

i wasnt touching them right, when i had a couple people check for me they read right, david even told me he had the same problem he didnt touch the lead right and it jumped around a little after doing it right it was fine, drew had them tested and got a good reading the problem was i was running my sub at half an ohm and my amp wasnt capable . its not like i let it get hot and kept pounding it. the min i smelt or felt it i turned it off. after i rewired it it was fine. the only reason i sold it is because i was saving up to get some lvl415s i ended up getting 18s. it was a deal between drew and i. :rolleyes: im not understanding why u guys are so but hurt that i sold a sub i had planed on using temporarily. if drew isnt happy with the deal ill gladly give his money back. but from the looks of this thread the only ones bitching are u guys. ;) IIRC!!

really i was going to throw it in the closet and let it sit there, i told drew and james i would let them know if i decided to do anything with it, i kept my word and told them. thats the problem with some of the people on here i bet if i said i was giving it away for free everyone would of been on it. if you cant afford 250 sorry thats nothing for a mx18

Edited by 99vic

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

I dont like how you called me a fag for asking if it was the one you had problems with. I wasn't like you bought that broken piece of shit off him of what he paid for it noooo. I just asked if it was the one you were having problems with.

really i dont care how u like it!! i don't like the fact that u guys were trying to talk shit about me. U know how u guys meant it. what other fuckin re sub would i have.....dont try to coward out now. im not some punk ass person on here trying to jack people. like i said before if he feels i did him dirty he can have his money back EVERYONE else that dont like it can blow me.

Edited by 99vic

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/