Second Skin Audio

Choosing Subs...any Comments?

x2.

i'd add maybe consider BL's some lower power subs if you only have 2k rms to throw around.

glass the whole ass end/hatch below windowline and you should have 8~10cft if ur lucky.

haha the two 15", but like the guy above said, check out the BL, rms would be 2k, instead of 4k, and all your other sub combos were right around 2k

two 15" BL fl FTW

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

5% front windows, 2.5% on all backs

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker KS650's in all doors

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

I think you would be getting a little over your head with the 2 BTLs. Not to mention you wont really even be moving them much with a combined 2k rms.

I would suggest 2 Fi BLs fully loaded with about 3k rms. They will get pretty loud and still sound pretty decent. 2 BTLs would take way too much money, power, and space to make the optimal system.

Imo, 15's are nice, but if you are worried about space why not do a pair of 12's. Or you could even do a single 18. A single 18 has more cone area than 2 12's. I have a small hatch and happen to have 2 12's in it in 4 cuft after displacement. My point is that if you lack in space use what space you have to house woofers that can fit. I have the space for 15's in my car but I went with 12's. I'm not disapointed at all since I'm doing awesome numbers out of the 12's, and they sound bad ass for a daily ride. It's just something to think about instead of trying to cram as much crap as you can in a space that won't hold it.

Edited by Nightshade

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Thanks for everybody's comments, i really appreciate it! :) and if i were to go with the 2 15" BTL's I'd be throwing 4000wrms at both of them....so 2000wrms to each. I would probably power them by a rockford T40001BD.

As for the 2 12s, I already have a set up with 2 12s and i just want something out of the ordinary...something thats not so "general" i guess...

Cheers!

Thanks again everybody

Two BTL 15;s require a good size box, make sure you give them 3 cubes at least - each

A T4000 is perfect, make sure you have AT LEast 2 Kinetic 2400's or the equivalent to power them properly,

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

thanks to all who have commented on this thread, i appreciate it very much.

I have narrowed down the search a little more to:

- 2 15" Orion HCCA's (4000 watts rms)

- 2 15" Fi BTL's (4000 watts rms)

- 1 18" Fi BTL

I plan on running a rockford T40001BD OR a Massive Audio P3000.1. I still havent decided which subs to run but after all is said and done...I want my windshield to flex...do you guys think all of these set-ups could make that happen?

IMO I say the Orion HCCA cause I haven't seen many people using them on this Forum. It would be nice to see something other than BTL's in a build. But I know that BTL's do get plenty loud, and I have madd respect for all Fi products.

Derp.