I ordered a AQ2200d and Sundown 100.4 to replace my old amps. I also ordered a MLA module the other day and right now I have a 220 amp alternator and a Yellowtop. The big 3 is done in all 0 gauge and my power runs to the amps are 0 gauge for the AQ amp and 4 gauge for the Sundown. Do you think I'll need more battery for this setup?

member9971.png

I ordered a AQ2200d and Sundown 100.4 to replace my old amps. I also ordered a MLA module the other day and right now I have a 220 amp alternator and a Yellowtop. The big 3 is done in all 0 gauge and my power runs to the amps are 0 gauge for the AQ amp and 4 gauge for the Sundown. Do you think I'll need more battery for this setup?

a couple of batteries wouldn't hurt, could only help.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Money is the only obstacle right now. I just wanted to make sure I could run everything on the 1 battery and alt for now without frying it until I can get some more batteries next month.

in that case then you should be okay until you add another battery or two in the back

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

in that case then you should be okay until you add another battery or two in the back

Just monitor the voltage when you are playing the system, don't run it below 12.8 for extended periods.

so with a combined fuse rating of 290 Amps for both amps what capacity batts should I be looking at? I have the 220 amp alt and MLA module but I would like to change the main battery and have whatever I need in the back also. I'm thinking a Kinetik HC1400 up front and HC1800 in the back?

member9971.png