Second Skin Audio

Clipping = Blown Tinsels? Burnt Re Mx 18" Pics

Noobtastic14

lol, i would just cut the burnt tinsels off and run the other coil sence the vc looks good and play it like that, shouldn't hurt it ive done it a few times anyways, but with that fuked up spider i dont kno, it doesnt look all that bad tho but ied just cut those tinsels out of the way and run the other coil till it goes full poof then recone? why recone a sub while half of it still works? lol sry but if somethin tares up i say finish it off befor thinkin bout a recone but now u kno u can get one why not?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

we'll see, i've read conflicting opinions on running woofers with one coil. Some say the working coil will energize the other coil with power handling down 30-40% and others say i'll just kill it. My biggest concern would be the safety of the amp if i do one coil at one ohm.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

not possible to blow a 2000 watt rms sub with a 400 watt rms amp even with a fully square wave.

umm yes there is.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

not possible to blow a 2000 watt rms sub with a 400 watt rms amp even with a fully square wave.

Sure it is. What if I played a 1hz square wave to it... how's it meant to dissipate all the heat generated when it's not moving most of the time?

Also note that a 400wrms amp will be outputting a LOT more than 400J/s (400w) when driven into clipping. A 1000wrms @ 1 ohm amp (~32vac rms = 45v peak = 45vmax rail voltage) when clipped to a full square wave (thus DC physics) will push 45A through a 1 ohm load (v/r = i 45/1 = 45) 45V @ 45A = 2025w, and it's square :) It's essentially a constant voltage because the amp flicks almost instantly between +vmax and -vmax.

Because the sub isn't moving a lot of the time very little of this energy is being converted into kinetic energy so how is it dissipated? Heat.

So now you're trying to remove about the same heat output by a 5-fin oil heater at full bore via the (very small) surface area of your voice coil.

Also why clipping will kill your amps too eventually :)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

yea so basically twice the rms power when fulling clipping...so 400 watt amp would be pushing 800 watts.

Also if you played a 1kHz wave?? well you obviously don't know much about inductance...basically the sub has a built in low pass crossover.

playing 1khz on a 400 watt rms amp fully clipping would not damage a 2000 watt rms subwoofer at all.

Read son...

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_...~TID~74226~PN~1

yea so basically twice the rms power when fulling clipping...so 400 watt amp would be pushing 800 watts.

Also if you played a 1kHz wave?? well you obviously don't know much about inductance...basically the sub has a built in low pass crossover.

playing 1khz on a 400 watt rms amp fully clipping would not damage a 2000 watt rms subwoofer at all.

Read son...

he said 1hz. thats ONE not ONE THOUSAND
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Read son...

twice the rms power when fulling clipping? wtf does that mean?

When you are clipping your amp, you are drawing more amperage from your charging system. The clipping creates heat, the added heat not only makes your amp work harder, it makes the amp less effiecent reducing its actually output power to the speaker(s). Running the amp from 2 ohm to a 1 ohm load does not double your 2 ohm watt ratting.

Most the times many amps that are say 1200 wrms at 4 ohm, are going to be ruffly 2000 wrms at 2 ohm, and only 3000 wrms at 1 ohm.

If your theory is true this 2000watt amp at 2 ohm should be doing 4000 watts at 1 ohm, which is clearly not the case nor how things work.

Im not gonna read that link you posted because from the way you typed that out I can clearly understand that you dont know what you read, either you misinturpurted it, or just dont know jack.

Archived