Speedtest.net Really High Numbers ?

dr johnson you want to share some of that connection with meh? lol

I got a charter cable for my net. Its only a 10mb dl and 5mb ul.

They just recently got a 16mb dl connection, but its not worth the price they want for it, maybe if I had more computers running of my network Id think about it, but otherwise what I got now is fine, tho Id love to have a faster upload speed yet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's with a server in San Francisco, 225 miles away.

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

No fuck my school. We are allotted a 45mb connection for our whole university. The IT departments way of keeping the use down so they dont have to purchase any more bandwidth is to throttle down the residence halls to 600kb a second. BULSHIT.

Am I not a paying customer too? The library and computer labs are fully open and receive around 5mb-25mb a second depending on how busy it is. Its to the point where in my dorm, we cant even play xbox live because its too fucking slow. So lately, my room mates and some friends have just been taking my xbox 360 down to the study rooms in the library and playing in there. In all the rooms, there is an internet connection and a flat screen tv. Not to mention the wall with the door is glass so everyone can see us playing the 360 right in the middle of the library. Pisses the librarian ladies off but hey if no one is using the room and they arent going to stop throttling my internet, then fuck them.

Posted Image

I got a few buddys on my old couterstrike team that had that problem while at collage. Its pure BS, and they shouldnt be able to restrict access like that because you are paying for that internet connection as part of your dorm costs. But theres not much that can be done unless a student strike would happen. Lol

But 600kb is like dialup for the most part, you cant even go online and properly research projects and what not in a timely mannor..

Don't go saying it's only my school. Back at home I got 30k+ download and 5k+ upload...However I did go back down there recently and it was slow as shit, very noticable, so I measured and was getting a measly 10k...Wonder what happened? And Dr. Johnson, that upload speed is ridiculous.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Alot of the time when it comes to universities it's going to be hit or miss as to what your speed will be. Most schools have incorporated packet shapers for most residential(resnet) and lab computers. At my school students have complained soo much about slow download speeds(which is easy to bypass by using a download manager to open multiple connections to the server) and gaming that the school has started offering a plan for $10 a month that they switch what network your on so there is no packet shaper.

Then if you look at connections that you say comcast's power boost or whatever it is... those numbers are *sorda* right. Comcast uses the unused bandwidth on your node to double your speed... at nonpeak hours... if you go on when there is bunch of people you will get your advertised speed of 6Mb or 8Mb.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Archived