Wtf! No 6x8 Love?

I was really looking for a good set of 6x8s. I was really looking for some high end coax speakers, I just need some sq speakers to replace my factory speakers in my ford expedition. Also, does anyone have any experience with the stock speaker fitting for a 2006 Ford Expedition? Would another size fit ???

(\__/)

(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your

(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Team Bad Company

I was really looking for a good set of 6x8s. I was really looking for some high end coax speakers, I just need some sq speakers to replace my factory speakers in my ford expedition. Also, does anyone have any experience with the stock speaker fitting for a 2006 Ford Expedition? Would another size fit ???

i have a 04 expedition and was looking for 6x8 components so i cant help you with a good set but i can tell you they have adapter plates so you can fit 5.25 or 6.5 component systems in the factory location hopefully that helps a little

by the way u might have to modify to adapter a little to fit 6.5's in them it takes like 5 minutes with a dremel pretty easy stuff

Pioneer deh-8300UB

6- Image Dynamics CSX6.5v2

4-Image Dynamics XS-28 tweeters

4-Sundown Audio sa8v2's

1-Sundown Audio SAX-200.4

1-Sundown Audio SAX-1200d

1-Mechman 270a alternator

1-XS Power D3400 under hood

Second Skin Damplifier Pro Deadener

Kicker & Knukoncept 1/0 wiring

Big 3 upgrade

5.25-6.5" components FTW, and choice of the pros when it comes to replacing oval speakers

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

x3, to make it simple just cut out a piece of mdf to fit, cut holes for your mid/tweet, mount it and go for it. Pioneer has a really good replacement in their d-series, as does kicker with the s line. 5x7s fit if you want to use something like eclipses or alpine type r's, but no serious sq speakers come in ovals.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I've had really good luck with the MA Audio line of 5x7's Stay away from the plate speakers, They suck

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

x3, to make it simple just cut out a piece of mdf to fit, cut holes for your mid/tweet, mount it and go for it. Pioneer has a really good replacement in their d-series, as does kicker with the s line. 5x7s fit if you want to use something like eclipses or alpine type r's, but no serious sq speakers come in ovals.

Rockford makes some 6x8 pwoer series.....but I like round speakers better.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

pioneer has a few good ones, i have a few sets and i like them, goin with some 6.5 comps would make u alot happier tho, alota stereo shops sell the brackets or u can make them yourself

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Rollerz Only - Sacramento Chapter. 6 Time Lowrider Magazine club of the year

94 Xploder on 22s - Gutted for now...

87 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham on hydros, fully euroed out Tookie blue

*ROLLERZ ONLY MAFIA*

Crankin the volume knob and hittin switches.

http://www.rollerzonly.com

• 3 weeks later...

sweet yall really helped my ass out :) i will definatly look into some adapter plates so i can run 6.5 i was really lookin for sumthin without alot of hassle to install and im really after sound quality

(\__/)

(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your

(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Team Bad Company