Free-airing Powered By Wallsocket 10+ Minutes!

95's are inde-fucking-structable... mind you my friend burnt 2 with a single burp with a 26hz clipped wave of around 9kw between 2 subs :/

The one thing that would scare me about wall socketing it is that video from RoE where a section of the basket comes away... but hey, baskets are cheap :D

If I remember right and am thinking of the same video, they are some forgein guys that actually cut away part of the basket and where seeing how long it would play with 1/4th the basket missing called 9515 free air with 6000watts http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/Digital...igns/9515.3.wmv

It still plays, I could go longer, but whats the point of it? I was anticpating smoke, but i seen none, was very dissappointed and happy at the same time :)

I use to have 220 in my garage, but I guess I took it out, so Im on the hunt for a 220 outlet to "try" and fry it.

I dont remember the conversion for figuring out how many watts a 120 volt socket is, but Im sure its 3000+ watts constant at 60 hertz.

Volts divided by total impedance= amps, then multiply the volts by the amps and you have watts. Example: if the load is 2ohms, your giving it 7200watts. If the load is 1ohm 120 volts x 120amps=14,400watts

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

• 2 weeks later...

DAMN, them subs take it like a champ!

i love DD's

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

It still plays, I could go longer, but whats the point of it? I was anticpating smoke, but i seen none, was very dissappointed and happy at the same time :)

I use to have 220 in my garage, but I guess I took it out, so Im on the hunt for a 220 outlet to "try" and fry it.

I dont remember the conversion for figuring out how many watts a 120 volt socket is, but Im sure its 3000+ watts constant at 60 hertz.

You would need to know the actual impedance of your woofer at 60 Hz.

Wall sockets typically have a ~15 amp breaker on them too, I trip mine all the time hooking up subs :)

15 amps x 120 volts = 1800 watts

You can get a bit more than that out of a breaker before it trips, though.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Volts divided by total impedance= amps, then multiply the volts by the amps and you have watts. Example: if the load is 2ohms, your giving it 7200watts. If the load is 1ohm 120 volts x 120amps=14,400watts

Sounds like you could use this to figure the output of an amp right? Youz guys is smatz.

Wall sockets typically have a ~15 amp breaker on them too, I trip mine all the time hooking up subs :)

I have a 50a 220 outlet in the garage if anyone wants to give their sub some hell :spiteful:

Edited by Airborne

Speaker was series to 3 ohm. Fuse kicked with in 5-10 seconds when I ran it at .7 paralleled.

my house is all 20 amp circuits, except for the 30 amp I was plugged into which is the outlet on my mid wall that I was plugged into which my pc powered sub plugs into.

then one 15 amp for the bathroom, I also think my washer and drier have 2 seperate 15 amps, but dont pay attention to it as much.

Its a fairly new box, with mostly all new romex in the downstairs. :)

Yeah, with impedance rise being really high in these situations and at 60hz, it does bring the power back down to lower levels. This is what you would see in a free air situation as shown above by sundownz. Mine was a generalization perfect world

Edited by Earthman

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png