Multiple Mixed Batteries

well as of right now i have a stock alt with 2 kinetik 600s and a yellowtop up front running my T40001bd :eek:

would it be ok to add 2 powermaster D925s and add it to all that. i know "lower batteries" will drain off "higher batteries" while just sitting there so i was wondering if it would be recommended to mix those or not. i asked mechman and trust his opinion when he gets back to me but i would like to have more input on it

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

i am kinda wondering this myself. i've heard so many mixed opinons on it that i'm not sure on one or another. i also read that lower batteries will NO drain out higher ones. so yeah...i'm curious too because i have 3 wal mart batteries i wanna run with my powermaster battery until i can get more powermasters. if i have the room that is.

well i know for a fact its not good to mix wet and dry so im not doing any of that. im just wondering if its ok to mix with different Ah and max amps and such

NoFearX18 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

i recently i installed another spare yellowtop i've had in the back with my HC800 and no problems so far. hell to say it helped a good bit. but that's temperory until i get a good big battery back there and rid both optimas for a HC2400 of D3100. as i've heard as long as they are AGM batteries you should be fine.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

well i know for a fact its not good to mix wet and dry so im not doing any of that. im just wondering if its ok to mix with different Ah and max amps and such

I, as well, belong to the mismatched bandwagon.

I know in Radio Control hobbies, one is not supposed to mix MaH batteries.

But not sure if it is as important in vehicles.

well as of right now i have a stock alt with 2 kinetik 600s and a yellowtop up front running my T40001bd :eek:

would it be ok to add 2 powermaster D925s and add it to all that. i know "lower batteries" will drain off "higher batteries" while just sitting there so i was wondering if it would be recommended to mix those or not. i asked mechman and trust his opinion when he gets back to me but i would like to have more input on it

If you're going to pay for two 925s, cant you get one 3100? I don't see why you cant tie em all together

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

If you're going to pay for two 925s, cant you get one 3100? I don't see why you cant tie em all together

space could be a possible issue. i was going to try to fit 3 tiny tiny ones under the hood, then fit 3+ more in the back, but got a lil bigger one cuz of the price, now i gotta figure a way to fit them in the back :P

im not trying to spend more than 200 and i can get 2 925s for 200...so kinda works out

NoFearX18 said:

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

resting volt is what matters the most

so if your resting volts are about the same you will be fine

even if they are not the same you will be ok but when you park your lowest volt batts will try to pull the voltage of the other bateries down to its voltage. not dead but down to the lowest voltage batt .

so you can mix any ma batt you want as long as the voltage matches.

this is because in car audio we conect them in parralell.

if we used them in series like in rc car usage the voltage can varry but the ma must be the same

or when being disscharged if the ma varries too much, the batt with the lowest ma will run out before the other batts and then actualy have its charge reversed<verry bad for its life span>

then when charged the low batt wont fully charge

then when discharged again it runs out even sooner and reverses even harder doing even more damage.

batts in series are only as strong as there weakest link .

this came out pretty convoluted <long night at work>

if you need me to put it into english i will try

2000 explorer xlt

cda-9887 with imprint ktx-100 + ipod120

mechman rhino 250 alt with xs-power d3400 + d3100

id oems -

Dayton RS52AN-8 2" Dome Midrange

hat L1 PRO -

1 x fi Q15 d2 non-bp with 3.8 cuft net 60 sq inch L-port tuned to 28 hz - sub up , port back

2 x sax 100.4d -

2 x saz1500d -

second skin damplifier 80 ft

and a btl soon