Eclipse Cd3200 Vs. Alpine Cda-9886

• 4 weeks later...

Any comments on the Eclipse mainly? I like the fact it has amber lighting which will match my GSeX.

I have the 3200 in my own 95 tsi awd. It is hands down the best cd player I have ever had!

The tunning/adjustability is awesome! I highly reccomend it. You will like it.

......lol and I also have mine set on amber..

The Alpine all day long. I don't believe that the Eclipse has a pause button on the deck and that is bad. At least the CD5000 that I had had no pause on it. The Alpine is going to be your best bet. That particular model also has the 4 volt preouts, which is really good too. If it were me I'd say Alpine.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

i prefer eclipse units over alpine , i had an older 8445 i believe it was and lovedthat thing. as well as a 7100 that i loved. I dont bass race so i dont give a shit about pause button. I also have a 9887 Alpine and prefer my previous Eclipses over the alpine mainly for comfort of use. but the 8v preouts on the eclipses were awesome also

Eclipse.

I had an old eclipse unit back in 1993, then ran Alpine ever since, and just added an Eclipse CD7000 to my PT. Nothing wrong with Alpine, just the Eclipse is a litte more detailed, nicer screen.

However, an Alpine is usually easier to learn to navigate in my opinion. Eclipse has more menu's to flip through.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

• 2 weeks later...

Archived