Fi 18s

Okay, I'm looking at putting two Fi 18s (ported) in my 95 4-door Blazer. Money is tight so I was looking at the SSD 18s, although I'm not sure if it's a good idea to go with the SSDs. I am running a RF T10001bd (birthed right around 1600 RMS @ 1 ohm). I wouldn't mind spending a little more money although it would take longer to get them if it is worth it for the price/performance. I want loud and low, I'm not looking to win any competitions though (there aren't any around here). About how much louder would two Qs or Bls be off that power in a large ported enclosure built to spec than the SSDs?

In other words, what Fi 18s would be the best for me (on a budget) wanting to be loud and hit the lows. As far as how loud I would like to be, as long as it's louder (by quite a bit I hope!) than my friend's two 12" CVRs ported in a ranger off a 600w kicker amp, I will be happy as a clam. As far as how low I would like it to be, I listen to everything from funk and metal to rap and jazz and would like to be able to actually hear the lows (for example in the ranger the cvrs on late night tip barely have any output, they are just moving and moving... but almost no output.).

Anyways, looking forward to some suggestions here. I'm hoping I can get away with just the SSDs since they are easier on the wallet. Hell, and if there is any chance of even a mini :hairtrick: (not a requirement) it would be all the better.

Thanks,

Lunari

Getting loud on a budget. Impossible? We shall see!

95 Chevy Blazer

Pioneer DEH-6700MP

RF T10001BD

AA Havoc 18"

??

if your looking for ore than 1 18 then ssd line is the only line i recomend....personally with that amp id get a fi q and stick it in 6 cubes after all displacement tune it to 28hz go with 84 square inches of port and have anice day...

99 4runner

walled 2 18 fi btl ufo psi recones 15 cubes 33hz port bottom behind the C pillar

orion hcca 8000.1d

8 Polk audio mm 691 6x9

2 2000x4 hifonics

320 amp singer alt

3 g31

1 baby seat 1 booster seat and daily driven!

I have 2 fi q 15's, sealed enclosures, 1000 on each and it is insane!!!!!!! All in a trunk car. The q's are no joke. I'm not even vented and i have people saying I am crazy for having that in my car. I heard one 10 ssd in a tline enclosure, and the doors of the car were flexing. He had a sundown 1000 on his singe 10. I wont knock the ssd's. They are great speakers. I think 1600 watts on a bl would be a hurter too though.

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

Two SSD 18s off your RF T1k @ a 1ohm load ftw. The SSDs are quite capable, though they are overlooked alot

This guy knows whats up.

my friend ran 4 15" ssd's this season with 2 sundown saz-1500 amps, peak freq was 32hz and box tuning was a little below that. It bassraced a 148 something in a trailblazer

Awesome, thanks for the replies. I wouldn't mind going with a single sub setup, but the.. how can I say it... Presence? Of two 18s I think would be crazy. I haven't looked in the back of the Blazer for awhile now so I'm not sure how much room I would have to work with while keeping the rear seats (have a family so it's important). Is it possible to fit two SSDs in it (ported) while in proper enclosures? Even if so I would have to buy them one at a time and just run one for awhile.

Which leads me to this question. Two 18s SSDs off of the T1k, or a single BL or Q 18 off of the T1k with the slight possibility of adding another T1k and another Q/BL a ways down the road? I'm trying to spend as little as possible and get the best price/performance (including amps and electrical.) if that factors into it at all.

Thanks,

Lunari

Getting loud on a budget. Impossible? We shall see!

95 Chevy Blazer

Pioneer DEH-6700MP

RF T10001BD

AA Havoc 18"

??