Sundown Audio

Tips, Tricks, Whatever To Get To A 148.2 **update**

Obviously you aren't willing to do what it takes to win at comps. It is not cheating and it allows for a higher score. You're not gonna convince many people otherwise that it's bs to put your seats down to get a higher number. Anyone that goes to comps knows these tricks and anyone who is competitve uses them. Sorry that you don't feel they are legitamate numbers, but every large and small competition organization recognizes them as leagal and allowed.

Yes it is very legal but its a fucking joke to build a system and claim 150 DB but to prove it you have to say hold on a second I need to adjust my seat and move this or that.

I laugh at that.

Yes I was pulling off a 139DB with 1 10 and 700 watts off the old term lab playing music with my ride setup to rool out of the lanes and pic up a passenger and ride home pounding all the way home.

I could have took the easy way out and put my passenger seat down and changed acouple things, but I would have been lying to myself that I could pull off those numbers all day long.

When I do a system I only test under real circumstances.

Why? Because I'm just not a bullshitter.

I have dealt with some of the Pros in DB Drag and got bashed for my beleifes, but unlike them I can do my numbers when ever the fuck I want were alot of people can't.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its just a comfortable feeling knowing I'm not full of shit to my self.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

P.S. I only used 150 DB as a refernce.

I wasn't comparing anything to the poster.

Terryswork001.png

Were only talking tenths of a db here. It's not like leaning your seat foward is going to gain 5 dbs in your ride. Sounds like someone got beat by up by a seat leaner at a comp and is holding a grudge. It's your opinion and you're intitled to it, but I think that you're alone on this one. Most people I go to comps with are looking for any advantage necessary because they go up against guys in crx's with their trunk cars and get hammered on. It's a game of numbers and the higher the better. In my car by leaning the seat I only get .5 db so I'm still louder than most in the class I run without it. It's like by tuning the car to get a higher score is wrong, then it's wrong to set the gains on your amp to get a higher score. It's a mod that can be done in the car straight from the factory no rules broken, and I'm sure that there are some people that have actually riden around with their seats folded all the way foward. That would make it a daily driving condition.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Were only talking tenths of a db here. It's not like leaning your seat foward is going to gain 5 dbs in your ride. Sounds like someone got beat by up by a seat leaner at a comp and is holding a grudge. It's your opinion and you're intitled to it, but I think that you're alone on this one. Most people I go to comps with are looking for any advantage necessary because they go up against guys in crx's with their trunk cars and get hammered on. It's a game of numbers and the higher the better. In my car by leaning the seat I only get .5 db so I'm still louder than most in the class I run without it. It's like by tuning the car to get a higher score is wrong, then it's wrong to set the gains on your amp to get a higher score. It's a mod that can be done in the car straight from the factory no rules broken, and I'm sure that there are some people that have actually riden around with their seats folded all the way foward. That would make it a daily driving condition.

or oyu just say fuck it like i did and have 4 12's with a little over 3kw in your truck and settle for a chump ass 139.7. i swear if i dont break the 140 barrier next season i am gonna kill someone.

----reference's----

meade916

I have to agree with both somewhat. A daily that you lean the seats in is one thing but a daily you remove the passenger seat in.... ummm nope you dont drive it that way daily so.... yeah anyway but IIRC most formats have different divisions for that anyway....

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Dude I didn't get beat by shit. LOL

I wasn't supposed to even participate at the comp because I ran Kicker and the shop I worked for did not sell Kicker.

All I know is the boss said the day of the comp that we didn't have anyone for the single woofer class, so he asked me to pull one of my L7s out and see what I could do.

Well I was running a ZR360. Its only a 2 ohm bridged amp. One L7 at 4 ohms was doing a 133 DB, so I said its a wast of time.

Then I thought well I'm ported lets see what will happen if I run at a nominal 1 ohm load and BAM I hit a 139 DB off the 2002 Termlab.

Dude it was a fucking fluke I didn't want to compete I was asked to do so.

Then he told me to use the DB Drag disc and I refused. I told him if I can't do it with music I don't want to do it.

Radio Head- OK Computer- Track 11- Lucky

Look dude, no grudge, I didn't want to compete in the first place.

If it makes you feel better I'll let you deduct the 6 fucking DB from my score since the meters got changed in 2003.

Terryswork001.png

WOW! I thought I had an anger issue. Chill man, it's not that big a deal.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I hold respect for this guy but I call bullshit :bsflag: on anyone that can't pull off their numbers under everyday circumstances.

I do not respect numbers that are gotten by putting the passenger seat down or any other tricks that aren't part of a dailly driver.

I do feel taking the back seat out is a different storie though. (As long as it pertains to the install)

You must have missunderstood me, i was sugesting that to posibly obtain his desired SPL goal, he test a few "variables" as well call em in the db drag industry. And one of them is simply leaning the factor seat forward to a factory postition, not removing it or modifying it at all

Anyway to the OP, also try the head rest location, remove them, put them all the way up, try all the way down....also the rearview mirror...try agnle all the way down pointing at the floor.

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

WOW! I thought I had an anger issue. Chill man, it's not that big a deal.

Sorry man,

I'm just the kind of guy that beleives if ya can't pull off the numbers in a daily driver ya ain't shit.

No disrespect to the thousand people I just pissed off. Its just my point of view.

Its all good. :D

Terryswork001.png