Sundown Audio

Bxi2008d Vs Saz 1500d ?

sauceman

well I know for a fact my old 1200 brutus clamped at 1186 watts, id say thats pretty damn close to doing what it says it does, there are so many retards on the net that say this or that sux or this or that dont do what it says, but they have no clue just like you cause they never used said product.

i never said that it sucked at all, its a good amp, i used to own last years model but i gave it to a friend of mine..i liked that amp and it worked well...whether they doe rated power or not dosnt mean there not good quality

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Not too many people on this site realize that when you play music or burps there is box rise to factor into the equation.

you cant classify "Many on this site" because some newb doesnt understand this, I have been doing this for 20 yrs so have a majority of the guys I know and respect on this site, so before you start talking down to all us newbs think about how your addressing some of us.

you cant classify "Many on this site" because some newb doesnt understand this, I have been doing this for 20 yrs so have a majority of the guys I know and respect on this site, so before you start talking down to all us newbs think about how your addressing some of us.

I was basically talking to Logan and a few other guys that I've seen on here. I wasn't talking about the site as a whole, but a ton of the newbs that have asked a ton of questions about amp power lately. I've been trying to inform them that power isn't just determined by ratings it has several factors.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I was basically talking to Logan and a few other guys that I've seen on here. I wasn't talking about the site as a whole, but a ton of the newbs that have asked a ton of questions about amp power lately. I've been trying to inform them that power isn't just determined by ratings it has several factors.

uhh i havnt asked any questions on amp power in about 4-5 months....yes i am a noob to the car audio field, but just cause im a noob dosnt mean i dont have experience with a few things or know a few things as whell

edit:havnt asked any questions on amp power prior to may, thats when i bought my amp

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

I was only trying to give you the info on box rise in the equation of an amp making power. I said that there have been a lot of newbs asking questions about power, but I wansn't refering to you in that group. I was however saying that you didn't know about box rise and I was trying to educate you about it.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

I was only trying to give you the info on box rise in the equation of an amp making power. I said that there have been a lot of newbs asking questions about power, but I wansn't refering to you in that group. I was however saying that you didn't know about box rise and I was trying to educate you about it.

I was basically talking to Logan and a few other guys that I've seen on here. I wasn't talking about the site as a whole, but a ton of the newbs that have asked a ton of questions about amp power lately.

looks like it to me, no, i dont know about box rise at all, but i do know that the bxi1208d i had pushed a 12" L5 hardly at all and when he changed it to the us amps xt1000d, which is rated less at 2 ohm, pushed it to where it should have been i believe i have a right to post here, despite my knowledge of box rise

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

You have a right to post, and I was only trying to explain why you may think that the amp didn't put out rated power. Some amps are more efficient at higher impedences and that may be why the US amp worked a little better. The brutus may have not been as efficient as the other. I was in no way trying to cut you down and you took that the wrong way. If I classified you with a group of people that dont have a clue that's not the intention. I was just trying to give some constructive criticism on the topic and maybe bring some new knowledge to you. It does have a big factor in what kind of power any amp is able to make, box rise that is.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Well you know what I run Logan... BXI2008... But my shit weak right ? = ) And yes like David said link them with maxlink... I thinks thats better than just strapping anyways.. Eventhough don't have any experience strapping... Grab another BXI2008 and maxlink.. Shit be slammin for sure..

Passport Build Here

Alarm: Prestige APS997A 2-Way/Remote Start

HeadUnit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Front Battery: Yellowtop Optima D34/78

Back Battery: 2x C&D Technologies High Rate Series UPS12-475FR 134AH

Subs: 2x DC Lv4XL 18's

Amps: 2x Sundown Saz1500's Strapped

Box: 12Cubes 33hz 185sqin Port(15.4sqin per cube)

Pillars: AudioBahn AS31Q

Front Doors: Clif Designs TX40.5

Back Doors: Clif Designs CD50.4C

Rear Speakers: Clif Designs TX46.5

Front/Rear Amp: Kicker ZX350.4

Back/Pillars Amp: Kicker ZX200.2(Looking for another zx350.4)

Electrical: 1/0 Scorpion Wire 2 Runs Pos and 2Runs Ground, Knu 1/0 Flex Running to Amps ect, Big 3, JL 8Ga For Speaker Wire, Knu Karma RCA's, Scorpion Volt Meter

Deadener: 100 sqft Sound Destroyer Mat And SECOND SKIN Damplifier Pro Door Pack

Archived