Sundown Audio

Hifonics Maxximus Vs Memphis 4kws

tejcurrent

kinda off subject but what kind of quad bracket did you get?like made by who and what did you have it on.? anyways as far as the amps i was going to run 2 goliaths,then changed my mind to the maxximus,then to 2 maxximus,then.2 "other" ams and in the future it will be 4 of those "other " amps lol.but yeah im runnig quad ohio gens. . .wait....3 at the moment because iraggi sent me the wrong frickin bracket and 7 batteries but will be 13 before the end of the year....christmastime should be VERY LOUD in ms lol.but yeah id do the maxximus.that things a BEAST

pretty sure he was using iraggis

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I really don't think there is an easier or cheaper way to try and run that much power. Hell even a pair of T4's will still require a quite a few batteries and a HO alt or 2. If you want to roll big, it's going to cost money. If kids are going to get in the way than maybe it's time to downgrade and install a single 10 in a minivan ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I really don't think there is an easier or cheaper way to try and run that much power. Hell even a pair of T4's will still require a quite a few batteries and a HO alt or 2. If you want to roll big, it's going to cost money. If kids are going to get in the way than maybe it's time to downgrade and install a single 10 in a minivan ;)

lol, no it's not time to downgrade THAT much. There were so many reasons going into this besides kids, including the fact that I had to drive 2 hours to have any competition, and the only people that lived near me that heard my system were only interested in things like "What kind of alarm do you have? Where do you live? Is it bolted down?" instead of anything constructive they just wanted to steal it. I already posted another thread, GEICO is cancelling my car insurance because of it.

I figure I can be loud again after I finish college and get a better paying job. The stuff I used to do that payed good is suffering with the real estate market like it is and several other things, and my current job is a 'pay the bills' sort of thing. And as depressing as it was to piece things out, I have to have priorities (I love my money) :)

It was a quad bracket made by Iraggi with Iraggi 380 amp alts on my 01 tahoe. It was supposedly identical to Steve Meades, but it really doesn't matter now. I still have one alt for sale btw.

Like I said, I will have daul alts and as of now I have 4 yellowtops and 1 redtop I was using for all 4 memphis 4kws, so the way I figure it 3 'better' batteries + 2 midsize ones tucked away should still give me about the same if not more performance and I'll still have space to add more down the road if I need to. I'm not totally against maybe 5 3100s and 2 midsize ones (just not sure what size will fit), but I'd prefer to do less if I can get away with it. Honestly 8-10krms may be low power compared to some other systems on here, but it's really still a good amount of power imo lol.

Edited by tejcurrent

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

I say between the 2....the Hifonics would produce more wattage. How clean of wattage, IDK. 10k watts wouldnt mean sh*t against 8k of clean watts. But like somebody before said, the Memphis isnt actually a 4k amp. @ 14.4v its more like 3600rms-3800rms. Id say go with 2-Atomic 5Ks....u'll be suprised that u can get 2 for the price of that Hifonics and get more watts and they are "much" more efficient and cleaner amps than any of the 2 choices u stated. Id say about 5-6 of those batteries would do the trick considering the alt power that u already have which is a plus (dual 250amp alts FTMFW!).

p.s.: I got my AT-5000.1D which does its rated 5K rms @ 12.5v straight from Randy who is the head Atomic US dealer. I got it BNIB direct from dealer for not that much more than what "somebody" (no naming names :01nocomment8so: ) on this site was selling T4Ks for; which does "close" to 5K @ 14.4v and they bought them refurbished and used them and still wanted almost as much as what I got my Atomic for. SMH! My Atomic does more watts @ 12.5V than what the T4K does @ 14.4v and.......nothing :01nocomment8so:. no doubt the T4K is a badass amp but why pay for a name

Edited by CUT BUDDY
00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

if atomics are so great why dont we see more of them?

the RF t4k is cea compliant, it makes over 4kw, its only suppose to make 4k, but some make over 5k.

if your gonna come on here and bash product or people ( even subtly) you can go post somewhere else.

if atomics are so great why dont we see more of them?

the RF t4k is cea compliant, it makes over 4kw, its only suppose to make 4k, but some make over 5k.

if your gonna come on here and bash product or people ( even subtly) you can go post somewhere else.

never bashed anyone or any product.....it is what it is. Cant get mad if I pointed it out. Im giving dude advice just like everyone else. And so far as why dont u see alot of them? Its cause they cut out the middleman business. Thats why u dont see alot of them. U dont see alot of Enzos but that doesnt mean it isnt hot. And its alot of amps that arent CEA that can wipe the floor with alot of the amps that are CEA example....Atomic isnt CEA, neither is RDaudio, Sundown, IA, etc etc.....

Edited by CUT BUDDY
00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

never bashed anyone or any product.....it is what it is. Cant get mad if I pointed it out. Im giving dude advice just like everyone else. And so far as why dont u see alot of them? Its cause they cut out the middleman business. Thats why u dont see alot of them. U dont see alot of Enzos but that doesnt mean it isnt hot. And its alot of amps that arent CEA that can wipe the floor with alot of the amps that are CEA example....Atomic isnt CEA, neither is RDaudio, Sundown, IA, etc etc.....

Never seen an atomic amp in the last 10 years I have been competing in CALI. Never seen them at a show I went to

I have stats back to 1998. I am sure they are decent, but I have never seen one in my life.

Edited by redbaron80

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

i have 2 atomic 7000's and they work great!

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.