Sundown Audio

I had to make a trip to see Jacob and Brandon at Sundown today. There were a few things there waiting for me when I arrived.

Posted Image

We decided that it'd only be right to put the new amps in the car to see what changes we could get in my score. The score I did with my origional stock Nightshades off of a Crunch 3000D was a 148.1 and the best I did on Jacob's meter off the upgraded Nightshades and the Crunch amp was a 147.5 The reason why the upgraded subs weren't as loud as the stock ones is because of the stiffer suspension causing them to need more power to move. So out with the old Crunch amp and in with the 2 brand new fresh off the pallet Sundown SAZ1500D's. We wired each 1500 to a Nightshade at .5ohms and started with some testing. Here's the best score that we got today even after the batteries had been drained some.

Posted Image

This was done db drag style on the dash with the vehicle sealed completely. Now that score is also with 2 Nightshade 12's with dual 1 ohm coils wired to two SAZ1500D's at .5 ohms each. The box is tuned to 40hz for daily listening and is a very musical box with a very nice response curve. This is my daily driver and the shit pounds and gets loud on the mic. I know I've got a 150 in it when I upgrade to a ho alt and another batt or two. I also think that when I do 2 6" aeros instead of the 4 4" ones it'll get a bit louder too. Here are a few pics of the new amps in place, but they're a little messy cause we didn't have a bunch of time to pretty it up at all. I'll save that for another day.

Posted Image

Posted Image

In the second pic of the amps and subs you can see Brandon standing in my shot. He just got in the way while I did all the work. J/k he helped me quite a bit.

Thanks Jacob for the great product and the help getting the score up by 1.8db. If any of you out there are hesitant about buying a Sundown product check out the positive results that I had here. I've not ever heard of anyone having a bad experience with any of Jacob's products. Also thanks for letting me continue to be on Team Sundown for the upcoming season. I also finally got a team sticker on my car without messing it up. Well, actually Brandon put it on for me because I messed up two before that that Jacob gave me to put on.

Edited by Nightshade

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quality product usually = better score! glad you like and that you got rid of that crutch I MEAN crunch :lol:

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

nice score mang. im guessing thats a rex.

It's a Ford Focus ZX3. I've had very good luck getting it loud. Not crx loud but loud for sure. I've also had help from some of the best in the business. Team Sundown to be exact, and a few other db drag friends.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

Good deal, when are you coming down to one of our shows. Gas is a whole lot cheaper these days.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

now get that Maxxsonics outa ur sig punk

There you go. I figured I'd just reuse the Sundown logo from my sig as my avatar too. Now you need to get your cavy loud man. It should do good numbers easily with those Nightshade 18's.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Good deal, when are you coming down to one of our shows. Gas is a whole lot cheaper these days.

I'm hoping soon. I just haven't had the money to travel lately. I may try for later in the month, but Saturday is probably out of the question. We need to demo our cars for one another. I don't think that I've ever sat in a trunk car that loud before. I'm sure you will like how the 12's get down too :)

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck