Sonic Electronix

ok i want to start a car audio shop... my unlce has one but he wont give me anyhelp since i moved back with my mom... my mom and i want to start one up... we just need to know how much capitol we would need anyone got an idea... last time she owned one was 7 years ago maybee 9 idk... so prices have changed a little.... (not including store please we own a few buildings...))

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

ok i want to start a car audio shop... my unlce has one but he wont give me anyhelp since i moved back with my mom... my mom and i want to start one up... we just need to know how much capitol we would need anyone got an idea... last time she owned one was 7 years ago maybee 9 idk... so prices have changed a little.... (not including store please we own a few buildings...))

if you already own a few buildings then it probably wont have to be too big of an investment.

your going to be looking at (depending on size) 10-20k in inventory. alot of the times reps will give you even bigger discount for a certain number of displays, atleast thats how rockford is/was. maybe 1,500 for a computer or two. a big money maker is the simple cd player instal or remote car starters, so unless you are going to be doing all the work you will need to factor in a couple employees. to really be succesfull and get your name out i would suggest doing a demo vehicle. a shop near me has a 07 escalade on 6's with the entire cargo area glassed out with JL w7's and JL amps..practicle? no but it gets your name out. you wouldnt have to go that extreme but i think you get the idea.

12" fi Bl loaded

RF power 1000

RF 25 farad cap

3SIXTY.2 processing

200A Alt

01' grand prix GT

Not to be rude but, I think if your going to look for this kind of advise on an internet site, then your not ready to open a shop.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I agree with bill and you are going to have to buy in to each brand to be an authorized seller.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Your pretty young too right?

It takes years of experience, not ONLY the funds

Having a building alone is about 20% of what you need

1) Money, probably a good $50k just for a little shop, unless you plan on purchasing as you work on cars- not to mention toold and equipment, that $50k would be more based on a shop that only 2 guys are manning, maybe only 1 person shop

2)Business License (first time business loan, good credit is needed)

3) store front

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Not to be rude but, I think if your going to look for this kind of advise on an internet site, then your not ready to open a shop.

i agree to an extent. i know of a shop thats pretty successful that came onto foryms asking questions before they opened and now theres a hummer that everyone seems to love

I started a shop with about a 15K investment. Start off with distributors instead of going direct, that will save you a ton of upfront money. My demo vehicle made me alot of business. The money is in remote starts and OEM integration. Accessories made alot of money for me as well. Like fuses, wire, fancy fuse blocks with lights and volt meters and rca's. They all have a huge markup. Offer package deals, younger people like seeing a bottom line price.

If I can help anymore, just shoot me a pm.

im sure insurance is a biggie too incase u fuck somethin up or one of your employees does

Insurance doesn't cover an employee cutting something wrong or breaking a door panel. It covers fires, theft and injury. Everything else is covered by your bank account. My total insurance was $500 a year.

Not trying to be a nay sayer, but right now is a bad time to start a new audio business. Audio is a hobby, not a nessecity and when money gets tight it is one of the first things to get cut in peoples budgets.

we have people with experiance so thats not a problem....

money no problem

yes we work with distributors..

we have some retailers waiting

diamond memphis jl sony and pioneer...

my mom just wanted to know how much inventory was a good start.... last time it cost us about 25 grand and we were making about 10 a month... but employees fucked us over....

so this time were doing it right cameras Warehouse with bays and lifts and a storefront...

insurance is reasonable 1000 a month for 8 people... thats health..

shop insurance is just as another said fire and what not... thats about 400 a year...

and insurance against breaks and what not... you break it you fix it.. :)

loan not necessary we have money saved up from our rental propertys...

Edited by wildbeast15

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>