Steve You Should Build This Pc

I tried finding the post you posted a while back about you want a new computer. Well here are All the latest and fastest parts LOL.

You could get 12Gbs of ram but Tiger doesn't have DDR3 Triple Channel 2x3gb sticks in yet :( LOL I wish I had the money for this beast.

newest.png

Edited by korndog2003
Siggy.png

why two blu ray drives. also, that hard drive is too slow. get a 10k or even a 15k

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

in school i was told that anything over 10k is really unnecessary, and dangerous

10-15k is usually SCSI drives in servers that need EXTREMELY fast seek times i.e. large databases. In everyday computing, it probably isn't necessary and you won't notice the difference except maybe windows loading ever so slightly faster. Unnecessary? Not in the right application. Dangerous? absolutely not.

Not sure about the need for 4x 1.5 terabytes of storage and 3x video cards, or 2 BD drives

Edited by Btrash

Raid-0 spread across 4 HDD will be faster than a 10k or 15k hdd and more space too.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Yeah Core I7 is nice...But that configuration you have is decent but not the best.

I am really amused by people who configure and put together pc's with the most expensive parts, which sometimes is unnecessary.

No one really needs that unless you run 3DSMAX and do some crazy shit and play crysis @ 2560 x 1600 4aa 32bit.

Guess what?

It will probably be slow as shit compared to what will be out in the next business quarter.

It truly depends on what you do. An I guarantee that pc will be more than enough for any of us. An even the one i am listing below.

Generally I would just suggest:

A 4870X2 2GB GDDR5 card

Core i7 920

6gb DDR3 (3X2)

Silverstone or Corsair or PCP PSU

2x Veloci Raptor (Raid 0)

1 TB drive 32mb cache

Blu-ray/DVD-RW LS combo drive (No need for a burner only if you're going to make some 1080p blu-rays)

x58 mobo (asus or gigabyte)

Silverstone, Antec, or Lian-Li for the case

Edited by Moti
777319156.png

lol

i remember paying 400 and change for a 128mb 4800ti nvidia card back in the day from some custom company that overclocked it and had it on a red board with a fan and junk....and 3 years later it couldnt even run the new games coming out.

thats about when i got out of computers and switched to consoles...

but yea, hella stuff on there is unnecessary, a 64gb ssd for gamesw and a 1tb for media is all u need for a computer IMHO, i think im at like 230 of 700gb right now.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

10-15k is usually SCSI drives in servers that need EXTREMELY fast seek times i.e. large databases. In everyday computing, it probably isn't necessary and you won't notice the difference except maybe windows loading ever so slightly faster. Unnecessary? Not in the right application. Dangerous? absolutely not.

Not sure about the need for 4x 1.5 terabytes of storage and 3x video cards, or 2 BD drives

I have 5 of these SCSI drives but they are only 15gb each. SCSI cards are pricey so they are just going to become paper weights.