Second Skin Audio

Alpine Type-r's

So I've had my mind set on 2 Type-R 12's for a while now, but I'm starting to second guess that option. What are everyones opinions on them? Does anyone have any suggestions on a nice set of 12's that will sound good getting 400 watts a piece without costing me an arm and a leg? I'm not looking for something to compete with or to pound like Steve does in the Tahoe. I just need something louder than my Audiobahn's.

chicken is basically the native american hulk, you think he broke that curb with his rim? think again, that was merely him stubbing his toe.

smd5.png

So I've had my mind set on 2 Type-R 12's for a while now, but I'm starting to second guess that option. What are everyones opinions on them? Does anyone have any suggestions on a nice set of 12's that will sound good getting 400 watts a piece without costing me an arm and a leg? I'm not looking for something to compete with or to pound like Steve does in the Tahoe. I just need something louder than my Audiobahn's.

I have one in the trunk and it is a pretty good street beeter. They are pretty cheap on Ebay too.

Kicker will never let you down, and can be had for cheap. I got a little over two years of hard banging out of my first set of type-R s ... And I got a replacement for the one I blew online, through ebay. I went a head and replaced both of them. Alpine makes a good sub. It is a open market when it comes to a sub that can handle 400 watts. the options are many. Listen to a set of what ever brand you like and see what you think...

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

I plan on (hopefully) listening to everything before I purchase anything, I'm just looking for ideas of what to look at right now. Thanks for the suggestions, anybody got anything else?

chicken is basically the native american hulk, you think he broke that curb with his rim? think again, that was merely him stubbing his toe.

smd5.png

I plan on (hopefully) listening to everything before I purchase anything, I'm just looking for ideas of what to look at right now. Thanks for the suggestions, anybody got anything else?

i really like the CVR's great sub. and my buddy got two, brand new off ebay for $100 shipped... we've looked and couldnt find them that cheap again but if you search you could get them for cheap, and for 400 watts i'd take those

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

5% front windows, 2.5% on all backs

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker KS650's in all doors

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

A couple votes for the CVR's so far, definitely going to see if there's any shops around here that have them to listen to. Keep the suggestions coming guys, and I appreciate those who have already replied.

smd5.png

I love my type-r's. Trying to get them back in my car :)

i had 2 in a 4 cube box tuned to 34 and hit 142 legal on the termlab. (41hz) with the drivers window about half way i got a 144.5 on music. (tl on dash)

I think thats pretty good for 1000w and 2 12's out of a trunk

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

What do you guys think of the Fi SSD's? 2 of those would be in my price range...I'd have to get another amp to feed them enough power but I think I could manage that.

smd5.png

You can't go wrong with Fi Audio,

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass