yea without the right training they can be a big problem.. my brother has 3 that he mates n i have no problems with them, even around small children!! love em!!!

2006 Altima 2.5

Alpine Iva- w200 Head unit

2 L7 kicker 12s in a slot ported box tuned to 38 Hz

Rf T10001 @ 1 ohm

Rf P4004 @ 4 ohms

Poineer TS-D161R 6.5" in door panels

Pioneer TS-D690R 6" x 9" in rear

stinger 1/0 wiring

yea without the right training they can be a big problem.. my brother has 3 that he mates n i have no problems with them, even around small children!! love em!!!

raoming around on there own, doesnt matter how much training they have, natural instincts take over.

So my gf has found a pitt bull she is wanting to get. Its a 7 week old female, and they are wanting $200 for it. I know several people here have them, so I thought id ask a question or two to see if you guys thought it was a good idea or not. Now of course naturally my grandmother doesn't like the idea at all... and I guess have put up some valid questions. How good are pits to let roam free? my gf's family where it would be staying has about 5 acres with a cow or two, would there be any problem with doing that?

Anyways, here are a couple pics

Mother

Posted Image

Father

Posted Image

Its the one on the left. 4 weeks or so here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pitbulls are awsome dogs i have 4 myself and i find the to be very obedient and protective and loyal just make sure u train them and show the love and attention with those 3 things i find it real easy with them.

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

any dog left to roam around is a bad idea and thats how accidents happen.......pits are great dogs but they arent for everyone or every situation

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

Ya' know, I kind of spoke without thinking about the "free roaming" aspect....

These guys are probably right about it not being a good idea to have a Pit Bull roaming around on its own.... Especially if it were able to kill live game, like Rabbits, Possums, etc. I could see it reverting to some of its natural killer instincts really quick, and unpredictably so.

Again, I love Pits, as well as most other breeds, big and small..... But it's probably more important for a Pit to get "extra close" human attention, a LOT of the time.

Fish

Please look into adoption first. My wife and I volunteer for a pit bull rescue group and it is sad to see how many of these dogs are put to sleep from over breeding.

Whats the point of having a special bloodline? If you're not showing or breeding, its nothing but bragging rights. Thats not the right reason to get a dog.

Before you buy, please take a trip to your local shelter and find one on death row.

my sis has two pits. nicest dogs ever but they have a problem with always wanting to nip at people and jumping. it used to be cute but when they weigh 60 and 40 pounds it starts to become a nuisance.

i love the dogs to death but the big one almost knocked me out wit its nose the other day. fuckin powerful dogs.

i believe if u keep them around people and used to people then they will like people, alos u have to make it so u dont wrestle with them too often. i made this mistake and now Tori (big dog) always wants to play wit me when im around.

basically treat them as any other dog except be more strict. not mean but strict. train them early and keep them listening their whole life and they will be fine.

from personal experience if u dont crop their ears or bob the tail it makes it alot harder for people to recognize them as pit bulls and makes it easier for u to walk them puppies.

just some info i have. oh another thing. they will get strong. i have watched both of my sisters dogs pull a 120 pound woman down the street flat on her ass. funny as hell to watch but scary if u think about it

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Please look into adoption first. My wife and I volunteer for a pit bull rescue group and it is sad to see how many of these dogs are put to sleep from over breeding.

Whats the point of having a special bloodline? If you're not showing or breeding, its nothing but bragging rights. Thats not the right reason to get a dog.

Before you buy, please take a trip to your local shelter and find one on death row.

I feel ya bro.

My next pit will be from a shelter. pref one that was in a bad home that i can rehabilitate. I truly want to do this.

Wow, a lot of things to comment about. Thanks for all the input. It is a fullbred, ill have to get a copy of the papers and look them over.

I honestly didn't think it would be too smart to let it free roam. Their other dog (a black lab) does often bring in random things it has caught, and I definitely see where reverting to natural instincts could come into play. If they go through with it maybe it would be good to look into a runner or something.

The other thing with her family is that her parents got the great idea to have 10 kids, and she is near the top, so there are several young kids in the family, going all the way down to 18 months. So it would get plenty of attention, but im not so sure that is the good kind of attention. It would just be a normal family dog, no breeding or showing etc. It would be spayed as well.

I would personally love to rescue one, and plan to as soon as ive gotton through college and have a place of my own. But as previously mentioned, I am not so sure it would be smart to bring one that could possibly have had a bad background around the little kids so soon.

I myself have loved pitts for quite a while. My neighbor had one that i loved untill we/my parents found out it was a pitt. Of course, with me being quite young at that time and the things they all hear about pitts I wasn't allowed around it after that. My gf has loved them since a couple came into the boarding shelter she works for. So I definitely see one/some in our future if life takes its course that we continue as we are, but im wondering if this one is the best one at the best time.

Archived