Sonic Electronix

An easy way to see if your power wire is shorting somewhere is to unhook the power wire from everything, and check the resistance using a multimeter ground or chassis, either would work. If the multimeter shows a resistance, there is a short. If it does nothing different than before you hooked it, you are fine.

But, I don't think a short in the power wire is the problem. If it was, the inline fuse would be popping not the amp fusing. If a fuse blows, something on the other side of it is pulling too much power for the fuse. Therefore, id have to say there is a good chance the amp is blown.

Edited by rusty959

are there any little wire pieces from the positive wire touching anything on the amp? that might be it. unhook the remote wire and see if it does it still. maybe the headunit is sending a negative signal thru the wire.

And far as the best connection ever.......

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

i would just take the wiring completely out, and absolutely make sure your wire it in correctly, jus so you know that it is definately not happening becuase of the wiring being wired up wrong!

i know it's an annoying thort of having to re-do the whole wiring but it is so easy to make the smallest mistake and not realise, i've done it once or twice in the past. and jus making sure the wiring was correct i solved a few problems i had :)

hope this helps man :)

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------