Sonic Electronix

Requests for advice/help from Meade (me :P)

Ascendant audio makes the smd subwoofers. Google them and check their website.

1998 Jeep Cherokee

Alpine HU

Crunch Powerone 300.2 mid/highs + AP15001D bass

Soon to be two OA18s

Cadence coax and sony tweets

Big three + All 1/0 wire

Optima Yellow Top

No hating on my ghetto system plz. (Im poor)

I am currently working on a monster build. Actually a lot more than I thought. We have striped and gutted a 1993 Honda Civic CX hatch. We had 12's in it and wanted to go nuts with it. We are currently building an enclosure inside the vehicle to house 4 18's. It will have a total of almost 25 cubic foot of space. The enclosure will fill the entire area behind drivers seat (rear seats and every piece of plastic removed. We are having brackets made to add an additional alternator. We were thinking of getting 4 RE AUDIO SX18D2's powered by Us Amps Merlin MD3DN from audiosavings.com With all that said, My question is this.....

What kind of subs/amps would you recommend?

And is there something I am overlooking with putting this much into such a small package?

Hey guys.Im a first time car audio installer.i hooked up my new cd player to a 1976 dodge d100.there was no factory wire harness for me to use an adapter with so i used the power wire and ran my own ground wire.problem is my deck wont hold memory for my settings.every time i shut off the truck it goes back to demo mode.i was told to hook up my yellow memory wire to a 12v constant coming from my fuse box.My fuse box is very hard to get to.Is there another easier way to do it?can i run a fusable line strait to the battery?Like i said its my first install i was lucky enuff to get the thing powered up without blowing any fuses.

Hey guys.Im a first time car audio installer.i hooked up my new cd player to a 1976 dodge d100.there was no factory wire harness for me to use an adapter with so i used the power wire and ran my own ground wire.problem is my deck wont hold memory for my settings.every time i shut off the truck it goes back to demo mode.i was told to hook up my yellow memory wire to a 12v constant coming from my fuse box.My fuse box is very hard to get to.Is there another easier way to do it?can i run a fusable line strait to the battery?Like i said its my first install i was lucky enuff to get the thing powered up without blowing any fuses.

BTW i dont have subs or an amp yet...i just have the kenwood head unit and 2 6 1/2" kenwood door speakers atm.I will get those soon though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Steve and guys....

I am new at this and its my first real build in my '04 Kia Sorento. I have a stock 120amp alt, a Hifonics Colossus Amp and a Hifonics 320w 4ch. My problem is that they dont make an HO alt for my vehicle or I haevn't been able to find one yet. So I was going to purchase an XS Power D2700 to replace my stock battery to run the Sorento and the audio.

I don't know if by doing so will help me out even if I do the Big 3? I am a newb so educate me barney style Please. Let me know what I can do since I can not currently replace the stock 120amp alternator. Will the D2700 be strong enough for the audio and truck without killing the stock alt?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Mr. Meade would you possibly be able to do do me a huge favor (and possibly many others) and possibly post up or email the wiring diagrams you drew up when you installed the two Rockford 3sixty.2's in your tahoe?

I am trying to wire up a similar setup with two of those but I have a very complex speaker setup with 4ways and im trying to get it all active but I am having hell trying to get the car's run correctly without mixing and the damn mono sub output is kicking my ass too lol

I watched the video when you first hooked them up and started tuning and you explained which units ran which speakers....you had a piece of paper in your hand with your wiring setup scribbled on it

I would shit a golden egg to get a peak at that paper my man...... or anything you got in reference to how to wire the 3sixty.2's up with a lot of speakers

I'd really appreciate it if you find the time....thanks bro and keep it bumpin......

Do it right the first time....

I got a question for you steve, if you don't mind me asken. I was thinkin up a HT design today, and was curious as to why you decided to make a port for your midbass chambers on your 2 towers. Also how did you figure out what Hz to tune them to, because I was also thinking of trying this with my towers.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm