Second Skin Audio

Possible New Idea

well my original plan might be changing, i think cone area would be fun!!! thinkin something maybe like 10+ 10"s....im sure i could fit as many as 16 ported...so what could i find that would be semi cheap, get faily loud, and mainly be cool to look at...i mean cmon 10+ subs all movin at once is the sex, got 2500-3k watts to spare (will be more l8r) what can we find? i was thinkin the memphis subs maybe that neo frog used (dont like the cone too much) or the powerbass subs one of the members here used in his wall (the one with 8 subs and the square port in the middle) but im open to suggestions...lets see what we can do

thanks

logan

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

10 DD9510's :D

I say you'll be putting in far too much money than it's worth. It'll only be for novelty at the end of the day. Stick with solid 18's like the DC's and work with that.

But if you go the other way, i'd be interested to see how it goes! I'mm planning to do 2 DD's behind the back seat of ma 2dr wragnler :D sleath system!

australia03junehl4.gif

Previous: 1988 Nissan Patrol

Rockford T800.4

Rockford T1 15 (sealed)

Rockford 6.5 Components

Current: 1997 Jeep Wrangler

Build goals...

1x RF P300.2

4x Hertz HCX165's

Built Completes :)

Alpine 9886 Headunit

RF P300.2

RF P500-1bd

2x RF P2-D2 8" Subs, 1.3 cubes @39.5Hz

4x Hertz HCX130's

Current comment...

Satisfied for the moment, focusing on performance upgrades

10 DD9510's :D

I say you'll be putting in far too much money than it's worth. It'll only be for novelty at the end of the day. Stick with solid 18's like the DC's and work with that.

But if you go the other way, i'd be interested to see how it goes! I'mm planning to do 2 DD's behind the back seat of ma 2dr wragnler :D sleath system!

well im not looking for super loud but something more of a cool factor, i know its not alota power but its alota cone area and i think it would be fun...but if all else fails i got my dc's standin by, just dont know if this is something i should look into or not

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

32- 8" Sundowns

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

32- 8" Sundowns

pay for it and ill glady do it..:P

maybe re re subs?....10 or so of those, i would be overpowering them a good bit tho

Edited by loganberry

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

you can use ptcary's subs, the hifonics hf

its pretty cheap, $60 shipped for a pair, plus you can use the live.com cashback right now

8 12's on 3k watts would be perfect

edit:

figured that would be even cheaper than a single BTL, all 8 12's will only cost ya $240 shipped!

Edited by kentb

you can use ptcary's subs, the hifonics hf

its pretty cheap, $60 shipped for a pair, plus you can use the live.com cashback right now

8 12's on 3k watts would be perfect

didnt think about those....

my only possible hesitation to this is...i do all this work, and im not as loud/louder than i was now...i would be pissed, lol...so thats why im kinda sceptical about cheaper lower end subs

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

my only possible hesitation to this is...i do all this work, and im not as loud/louder than i was now...i would be pissed, lol...so thats why im kinda sceptical about cheaper lower end subs

yeah, can't really tell you whats gonna happen, we need some help of the cone area experts here.

i'm 100% sure it will move alot of air though.

Well what are you running now that you want to be louder than?

I could get you a killer deal on 16 PB subs ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)