Second Skin Audio

Box For 2 9515s

uhoh_45

i thought thats what you were gettin at i'm going try and convince him to get the tono cover

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

i thought thats what you were gettin at i'm going try and convince him to get the tono cover

i would unless you wanna see all that equipnment go BYE BYE.
That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

I had great results from a 3.25 net. enclosure with my 9915. 7.5" x 12" slot port, tuned way low (The port was long as fawk, it even had a 90 degree bend) 147dB on lab on a 39Hz tone in a large station wagon, not bad for a single 15" in a small box that I was told would never work. I tried larger boxes and even tuned higher and it just got quieter. With a big power application a small box does wonders!

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

Yup IMHO at high power the 95's go great in smaller boxes.

My daily setup is a 9515 on ~4kwrms in a 3.25 cube box with 1 6" aeroport tuned to 36hz.

Does 145dB on music, touches 147 on a burp and plays 29hz loud enough to make the glovebox flap back and forth about an inch.

Horses for courses, but don't outright say that a 95 will suck in a small box.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Ive been running DD's since late 99 early 00, without counting I have 15-20 DD subs in my room of different series and models. I know what has worked well in daily and spl applications and I know what hasnt worked (in my applications). And good for you being friends with Mike Jones, hes the man, hes helped me out bigtime when I was in a bind in the past... thas my nigga :friends:

and as far as asking someone about putting them in a 3cube box and getting their opinion, Im cool on that... Ive done it before in the past and wasnt disappointed with the results... stop coat tailing, sac riding, and name dropping... its lame

x2...

Its not like Scott, Steve, jassa more then a few times a month.. pretty much anyone that has their subs.. Nothing special about it..

Oh and i talk to that forgien chick on the phonce that always answers hello digital designs. She sounds like a cutie! rofl

I just wanted to jump in with Boon, Charger, and Pitbull and say DDs will perform great in a smaller box!

Esp if your running more then rms power to the sub, a smaller box is needed!!

Smaller boxes do work and get loud!

Case and point. Alan dante (i great friends with him too cuz i talked to him on the phone once) LOL So theres my name drop, and his 1.5 cubed box at 180+ deebeez!

And I also ran my fair share of DDs. Two 3515s, 5 9512s, a 9515, two 9518s (comp cones), a 9918, two 2510s, and soon maybe two 9518s with comp cones c/f dustcaps, and the proto 9500 Z motors...

Edit, also want to add that the sq of the sub will be much better in a lower tuned smaller box, and DD specs for a 9515 are 3-4.5 cubed...........................................................................

....... So clearly you got no room to say they will suck in a 3 cubed box.

Center the port in the middle, add 45s in both back corners, and a double 45 of "V" in the back center of the port.

and yes hes right. less box volume = loud. i had a 5 cube box setup the same way you do here. but then i got a pwkdesigns.com box and its about 1.2 cubes a sub and pushed way more air and hit much louder.

yeah i know what your saying but the only problem with that is i loose alot of box volume

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Your port is wrong there. The back part of the L in the port should be half the width of the main port... unless the angle of the render shows it wrong :P

That box looks good but you'll want at least 4000wrms between the subs in a box that small. Preferably 4000wrms EACH on tap.

And I can't tell if that's double skin or not... you'll want over an inch of MDF attached to those subs and throughout the box. I use 1.5" all round plus resin.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

well good for you for having small boxes work, and the only reason names were brought up is because of your lame ass no comment post. and maybe you have lower expectations then i do. cause i have done small box setups and its just not impressive. if you've ran dd's then you know how they sound in the proper box. as for coat tailing, sac riding, and name dropping......get over it i was merely stating who help teach me on boxes. so your saying if meade helped you learn some and you said his name that it would be name dropping and sac riding......i think not.

you have no idea of my expectations when it comes to setups so dont try and speak on that.... if you must know all of my daily setups will do over 150 on a termlab legal and I dont accept any less from my setups.... just because you dont have the slightest clue about putting up a good number be it for a burp or a bassrace setup without using a HUGE box dont think everyone else cant do it because you are sadly mistaken..... and name dropping is name dropping no matter how you slice it that shit is wack.... trying to use someone else as a way to validate your points and beliefs... bad n00b

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

you have no idea of my expectations when it comes to setups so dont try and speak on that.... if you must know all of my daily setups will do over 150 on a termlab legal and I dont accept any less from my setups.... just because you dont have the slightest clue about putting up a good number be it for a burp or a bassrace setup without using a HUGE box dont think everyone else cant do it because you are sadly mistaken..... and name dropping is name dropping no matter how you slice it that shit is wack.... trying to use someone else as a way to validate your points and beliefs... bad n00b

well unlike most people i'll stepdown and admit i was wrong on the small box set up. as for every daily vehicle setup doing over a 150 legal, both my explorer and yukon do that. and i do know how to put up a big number so your sadly mistaken there......bad dog

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

Archived