Second Skin Audio

Pwk Enclosure Designs

audioman21

I Wasted Prolly $450 Into one of his designs!

It was a Box for 6 MTX 9500 15's Ported..

It was a 20+ cube box and Gave each sub 1.2 Cubes...!?!?!

LMAO!

I dont use 3/4" I use 1" and Fiberglass!! So You tell me I didnt waste $400+

lol His designs are a joke... Some are good but MOST are a waste!!!

He still owes me a FREE design!!!!

The box sounded good that was it! NOT WHAT I ASKED FOR!

Also since the blueprints arrive to you via email is there a way you can post some of the pictures of the box plans? Or a case# at the least and I can get an overview of them plans

Ascendant Audio

8 AA Havoc 15's in a 4th order

Why do ppl always drag "alan dante this alan dante that...." get off the guys nuts....and that is a pure burp setup...one note.....kthnxbai...

Im not quite seeing what was beeing "Dragged" for "Alan Dante this Alan that"? That would be like me saying to you, considering the fact your on Meades forum and you probably speak highly of Meade to your fellow peers, that your on his so called "Nuts" as well. :rolleyes: come one LMFAO

Ascendant Audio

8 AA Havoc 15's in a 4th order

Im not quite seeing what was beeing "Dragged" for "Alan Dante this Alan that"? That would be like me saying to you, considering the fact your on Meades forum and you probably speak highly of Meade to your fellow peers, that your on his so called "Nuts" as well. :rolleyes: come one LMFAO

Your comparing apples to oranges.....

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I'd be willing to pay somebody via-paypal if they'd work with me on coming up with a new box. I got the skills to build one but when it comes to math I don't even try. The one I have now just doesn't seem to cut it. If interested in helping me out pm me and I'll give you all the info needed.

1.2 is too small eh, interesting considering alan dante the loudest vehicle on the planet is 18s in 1.5 cubes.......

Ya and how many thousands of watts is he throwing at that DD put it in a bigger box and see how long it last

Freeland, the fact of the matter is you cant derail where this thread is going. It seems that even though you may like the guy, you guys are friends, or maybe you just one of his happy customers his designs are overpriced, and 1/2 the time faulty. You cant defend 1.2 cubes per 12" sub (n.t.m. their were the MTX 9500 series)... especially if its not going to produce the sound the customer wants. You and any other audiophile who enjoys car audio enough to be on this website constantly understands why it utterly ridiculous to compare the a box design for 12's on music, to burp set-up, used only to take as much power as possible and produce as much spl as possible... taking music out of the equation. Even tho its an honerable thing, you dont have to defend him

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

Im not going by word of mouth or what Ive heard people say. Im saying that every design I have personally heard of his didnt do shit, except for 1 box.

Hes a real nice guy, real cool. I even used to post on his forum. He has mad skills when it comes to the construction and how clean he can keep it, and he can definately design loud boxes for his own cars. But saying that he is the be-all, end-all box builder is rediculous.

Theres quite a few local guys that Id rather have build me a box.

Half the time faulty? Not at all. There have have only been few people mentioned who were disappointed with the results. There are too many happy customers to count and the unhappy ones can probably be easily counted. Bring more unhappy ones to post here, because taking your word for it just isn't enough.

Ill leave it at this....

My box was 1.2 cubes for my2 9512s, and with 2000 watts hit a solid 145 db in a street b setup in a 2000 blazer 4 door. one battery, one power cable......i know that he had ran a 7 minute death match with the doors open....and you have to have a box impedence in order to give a sub enough power. Are we going to argue Spl or SQ now? Your gonna have to sacrifice one to have the other....

and to just "asume" there are so many people un happy with his box designs is riduculous. This is just a pissing contest at this point. We can argue whos a better band, Mettalica, or pantera to the bitter end. Its hopeless. I just think your guys advice of just to avoid him is childish. Let the guy spend 50 bucks and if hes not happy get back his 50 bucks. Whats wrong with that?

and if you dont understand why 1.2 cubes and an extended port length is better than a 16" port and 2.5 cubes in certain applications, you have no business even saying a small box is no good for someones application. Just because someone had a positive expierence with pwk doesnt mean you have to rub your negative review into a good thing. To think he just cant design a good box is ignorant, and envious retaliation. Ive ran into a few guys at db drag shows who were VERY pleased with his designs. I am not good friends with pete, ive had him design me some boxes and was pleased each time. I just find it hard for there to be so many dissatisfied customers and no one to chime in with photos and a term lab report to argue his poor engineering skills.

there is no saving a pissing contest, in the end, no body wins

I just sent him a 50 dollar paypal for the plans for my girlfriends box for her new nissan rogue. I will send him another fifty bucks when it comes time for me to do another box for to 15s in the FJ.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Archived