Wiring Multiple Led's

i wanna use 1 basic togle switch to run as many as 15-20 leds places throughout the vehicle, whats the easiest way to do this? do i need some type of module or something? im on oznium right now and cant find too much out

thanks

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

are they single led's? are they prewired for 12v? i know they have some of them on the site.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

are they single led's? are they prewired for 12v? i know they have some of them on the site.

yes i was looking at the prewired 12v ones and the superbright LED's...idk the easiest way to hook them all together so i can turn them on with 1 switch

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

use a switch and a relay........hook as many as you want up :)

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

use a switch and a relay........hook as many as you want up :)

where can i get one of those? i saw it in the hoopty thread, where did u get urs and is it a bunch of different pieces all together or u just put a switch here and plug all the lights into the relay

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

Hell if it's just LED's you don't even need a relay, just run them all parallel. Even better, don't waste your money if you don't need to, Just go get a bunch of LED christmas lights and salvage the LED's, add the right resistor and you'll be good to go. I put 18 blue LED's in my instrument cluster from a $6 christmas light strand, and a $1 pack of resistors.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Hell if it's just LED's you don't even need a relay, just run them all parallel. Even better, don't waste your money if you don't need to, Just go get a bunch of LED christmas lights and salvage the LED's, add the right resistor and you'll be good to go. I put 18 blue LED's in my instrument cluster from a $6 christmas light strand, and a $1 pack of resistors.

Just go to ebay Chi Wing LED Shop and buy a 100 for 10 bucks, he even throws in the resistors for free. You get a package with a bunch of chinese stamps on it too !!! Ships straight from hong kong. I've ordered many from them for PC Mods. Brighter than hell.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

how do i get them all wired to 1 switch tho?

LED Resistor Calculator

That will help you figure out what size resistor you need to put in line with the LED's. THen just wire that circuit to 12 volts with a switch. The LED Series/Parallel array wizard on that site even will give you a schematic or wiring diagram. Go ahead and play around with it. For some starting values, my ultra bright blue leds have a "Diode Forward Voltage" of 3 volts and a "Diode Forward Current" of 20ma. Your source voltage will be 12 volts. Usually the current is about 20ma for the leds, but the different colors can have different voltages. My red ones have 2 volts as an example, but most are around 3 volts. But to put it simply, you can put a battery - switch - led - resistor - ground for a simple example. Just replace "led - resister" with the array it configures for you on that site.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

Yeah like he said, Ebay is good too. Just wire them all parallel.

What exactly are you doing with your LED's? If they're all in the same setup and you've got them in sets of 3 you can run all three off one resistor, and multiple sets of those 3. Or you can do singles, but it all just depends on what you're doing. Look at my build in my signature to see what I did with my gauges.

But yeah, just wire them all in parallel off of a switch, but fuse the power in to the LED's. I cant remember what fuse I have running all of my accessory LED's, but I belive it's a 2 amp. LED's don't really draw much power at all.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner