Red Top Or Hc1800 For Coldweather Main Batt?

ok, I live in Nebraska and we get some really odd weather, we have been having sub zero nights and my car is taking its sweet time when starting. haha. right now i have a 200A alt, 2 Kinetik HC2400's, and a lead acid starting bat up front. now i'm going to be replacing my from bat with a new battery and i'm going to be adding an MLA into the mix too soon(reall soon) and i'm thinking if i should just put a Red top up front. Or will the HC1800 work as good or better as a starting bat? i know if i lived farther south i wouldn't be asking this because i woudn't have to worry about starting my car in the morn with -8 degree temps out and i'd just put the Kinetik in. but ya. help guys!!! haha thanks!!

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

Out of all honestly I dont think either or will help your situation. If you have 2 kinetik hc2400s in the rear right now, and your still having problems starting your vehicle a upgraded battery under the hood wont help much. Unless of coarse you are running a battery isolater on the rear batteries seperating them from the front battery and cars electrical components.

I myself have ran a red top under my hood for about 7+ years now and never had a problem with it, also have 2 powermaster d3100s in my trunk that are almost 1.5 years old now.

But my option for a front battery would rely on price, which you could get cheaper, and if your concerned with having matching front and rear battery brands. I myself would like to have a powermaster under my hood to match the powermasters in my trunk, but right now my redtop is holding up strong so no need for replacement til she dies.

well, my car still starts fast, it just takes a like a second and when it fires it really fires. haha. i'm not worrying about the whole starting thing cause i know my car will start just fine, but i'm getting at will the temp really run down the hc1800 more than a strating battery? or will it still hold its charge good in the sub zero weather? thats more what i'm asking. haha

Bills

KwB

They are both dry cell batteries, they will both work for vehicle starting applications.

A battery is a battery, tho some companies have better technolgy in their batteries. A kinetik will out perfrom a optima in all ways most the time. So if you got the extra cash just get the hc1800 and have matching batteries :)

Im not sure on the cca (cold cranking amps) of the redtops vs the hc1800, and dont feel like looking at the momment, but most likely the kinetik should be higher then the red tops.

But again the CCA rating is not going to matter much, because your going to have the 2 hc2400s in the back which will help raise your front battery performance up a bit.

Now if there was a isolater seperating the front battery from rears batteries, I would really suggust going with which ever battery has the higher CCA and AH ratings, but if thats not the case its not going to mater all to much.

With the rear batteries too, they will also float their voltage through out the cars components and other batteries, so say if your front battery got a tad dead somehow, the rear batteries will kinda charge that front battery and level the voltage our evenly for all 3 batteries.

ok. sweet. thanks, ya, the bigest bat i can get up there is the HC1800. haha, if i could i would try and get an HC2000 up there but it pry won't happen. haha. thanks alot man!!!!!

Bills

KwB

red top:

http://www.autozone.com/R,2267985/vehicleI...oductDetail.htm

720 cold cranking Amps (910 cranking Amps)

kinetik hc1800:

They dont list the CCA (that I found), but here ya go

http://www.kinetikaudio.com/manuals/khccells.pdf

1350 cranking amps...

I'd say the HC1800., but at a cost of 50+ more (not including shipping on the HC1800).

Money not an issue the choice is obvious. (buy two and ship one to me for helping you...if money isn't the problem) :friends:

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

damn it's cold up there. i'd invest into building a nice 2 car garage to keep you car warmer but with all seriousness either battery would do although the HC1800 would have more juice than the optima.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

damn it's cold up there. i'd invest into building a nice 2 car garage to keep you car warmer but with all seriousness either battery would do although the HC1800 would have more juice than the optima.

I can get a HC1800 for $220 shipped and the big redtop here in town for like $170 or $180. i think the 1800 is calling my name when i'm ready to buy.

ya, it is cold here. its warmer today. like low of 2 and high of 20. but i am a sr in HS, live with rents, i'm 17. my bor is 20 and is a soph in college, dad has a "99 hoe, mom has a 01 impala, impala and our boat get the garrage, dad gets the drive way, i get the street on the the cops side and my bro (97 avenger) gets the other side of street when he is home. haha. i'm not allowed to park in the driveway even. too gay. haha

Bills

KwB

Id go with a yellow cap up front. Its made to take the abuse on the cold and has a quick recharge. Just my 2 cents.

2003 Mercury Marauder Black (R.I.P)

Tinted Windows

Purple HID's 10000K

Fog Light HID's 10000K

Swi Jack Steering Wheel Controls

Apple I-Pod Classic 80GB

Alpine KCE-422i Full Speed I-Pod Cable

Alpine IVA-W203/P1 Navigation/Bluetooth

Alpine PKG-M780 7' Headrest Screens

Alpine PXA-H701 Sound Processor

Alpine MRP-F300 4 Channel Amp

Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Power Amp

2 Kicker L7 15' Solo Barics

Alpine Type R SPR-17S Component's

Alpine Type R SPR-57C Coaxial's

Monster Performance RCA's

0/2 Gauge Wires

BIG III W/Fuse

200 Amps Custom Built Alternator

Yellow Cap Optima Battery Front

Xstatic Batcap 800 Back

Custom Mounted Bass Knob

LED's 2x License & Trunk Light

BoYo VTK-350 Color Backup Camera

Dynamat Xtreme Front Doors & Rear Deck

Clifford Matrix 50.7X Alarm System/Remote Start

HC1800 matching batteries = ftw and as far as AGM batteries for cold weather starting mine are beast....this rolls over once and it right one.....no probs.

and optima = fail as far as price to performance ratio.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...