Second Skin Audio

X-mas Came A Lil Early

Lord Baccus

Amen to that my brotha! Can I get a witness?! :D :D :D :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Iv done a lil research on more effecient subs and it seems that a sub like that wont handle well @ high excursion, and wont take a lot of power anyway,

people concerned with how effecient a sub are using under powered amps anyway :rolleyes:

Any particular reason you glued the basket to the motor?

All my DD 9515's had was a thin bead of some sealant stuff and even that isn't totally required.

I'm just thinking it might be a total b!tch to get apart if you ever have to rebuild it for some reason...

we used a rubber based glue to help with frame "ringing" to help dampen high resonance vibrations, so when we did go to test a subwoofer, sweeping it, or running on LMS to compare specs, you don't see peaks at a higher frequency to show the frame resonance vibrating against the top plate. Which really does happen, and can take a lot of testing to find out what that noise is. From a manufacturer POV you don't want that ringing, because you can pass it by, and it could eventually be anything from a bad glue joint, misaligned top plate, bad terminal, almost anything

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

we used a rubber based glue to help with frame "ringing" to help dampen high resonance vibrations, so when we did go to test a subwoofer, sweeping it, or running on LMS to compare specs, you don't see peaks at a higher frequency to show the frame resonance vibrating against the top plate. Which really does happen, and can take a lot of testing to find out what that noise is. From a manufacturer POV you don't want that ringing, because you can pass it by, and it could eventually be anything from a bad glue joint, misaligned top plate, bad terminal, almost anything

Heh... slight thread jack but yeah, that's what I was told... just to stop the basket from ringing. I was also told that on a pure SPL sub it doesn't matter so much because you're unlikely to be able to hear it over the bass http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

any idea the name of said glue?

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

any idea the name of said glue?

There is nothing on the market I have found that works the same. The company is CP Moyen, they make glue based on needs. Its a direct manufacturer to industry use.

You CAN email them, and buy 5 gallon drums of the stuff. In fact I have some stuff on order from them right now. Its a rubber based glue that drys hard, looks clean, and reason why the stuff is so hard to get is because it needs to be thinned with toluene ( ingredient in Meth)

The glue Iam talking about you can build a speaker box with it, and it will hold better, and absorb better than wood glue ( partial reason why I'am buying it)

If you want, I can probably get you some when I get my order in.

Boon, besides the fact its for ringing of the frame, its also for thread locking, those screws that hold the frame on can come lose pretty easy, its just a double up precaution, with the advantages of sound deadening the ringing, so the speaker can be tested, and no false sounds are found, and sub is torn apart for no major reason

I know I have tested subs the assembly line has built, and I had failed due to that same issue, sometimes its a light buzz, some times its a ear full of rattle

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived