What Subs Shouldnt Sound Like..... Update: Problem Fixed!

Ive heard that happen when u put some subs in a sealed box with out a divider and i didn't see any port so im assuming its sealed

if it was like that, assman would've blown his subs in most of his setups. :01nocomment8so:

so would tommy, and other various groundpounders.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Where did you got the sub from? Something is wrong with the sub not the enclosures. Did you abuse the sub or brought it like that first time?

Edited by Gotloud555

What Amp are you running?? My SE 15's first sounded like that when I put a new US AMPS MD2D to them wired at 1 ohm, the amp was "clipping" because voltage dropped down to the 10 volt range. I added two Kinetics batteries all with 1/0 wire and the noise went away. I would check what your voltage is dropping to. Hope it helps

What Amp are you running?? My SE 15's first sounded like that when I put a new US AMPS MD2D to them wired at 1 ohm, the amp was "clipping" because voltage dropped down to the 10 volt range. I added two Kinetics batteries all with 1/0 wire and the noise went away. I would check what your voltage is dropping to. Hope it helps

x2 i had se 10s ran 1 ohm to a t1k and when the voltage would drop the subs would make the noise when my voltage was at around 14 the sound wasnt there i dont know if it was the amp clipping or not but i do know when the voltage would drop it would make the werid sound but since you took your subs out im pretty sure yours are blown

Roseville, CA

It is either:

1) A tensel lead is slapping against something (spider or cone ect) which very common.

2) Dustcap is vibrating againt the cone

3) Cone has come away from spider.

4) Coil is misalligned or damaged and scraping.

Touch the dust cap does it stop? You need to take the driver out and play it free air, watch the tinsel leads if they are not making the noise then it is likely a problem with the coil i.e recone/replacement time!

Edited by micb

My saying: "A boom a day keeps the hearing away."

Did you make that box yourself? is it prefab? because a friend of mine had that same sound, and it was the joints on the box, they had come undone/ unglued. so it started to make that "slapping" sound once you start to turn it up.

so if you free air the sub and it seems to be normal, inspect your box, and add some screws if need be.

head unit - Panasonic MXE CQ-C7403U

amp - Cerwin-Vega EXL 1200D

subs - (x2) Cerwin Vega V-MAX 15.4

box - 5.8 ^3 at 32hz

spkrs- Phoenix Gold Rsd Comps

Take the sub out of the box. Push it down evenly, if it suddenly stops are you heard a scratching sound, its a blown coil. Also, get a small flashlight and look at the voice coil to see if there is any damage.

When I blew one of my T1's, 2/3 of the bottom of the voice coil actually came off of the former and fell down. When I cut the cone out of the basket, I didn't even pop the any of the coil. I guess I just melted the glue holding the coil on the former.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs