Second Skin Audio

Anyone Run Re Xxx Daily? 4000w Rms Which Sub?

i wouldnt gain it down with that power thats pretty nice imo.

I only gained .2db having one off 4800rms from 2400ish rms

i used a RF T4k for my 2 12s that was giving about 4800rms to the pain and it was great sounding and moderately loud.

Digital Designs brother :)

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

I can attest to the quality and service of AA products! Nick and Scott are both great people to do business with! (Goes for Fi too, obviously)

'06 Pontiac Grand Prix

Kenwood KDC-X591 H/U

Kenwood KAC-8403

-Rockford Fosgate 6.5's, 6x9's, Fanatic X tweets

T10001bd (over 1400 RMS)

-15" AA Havoc in 4.5 ft^3 tuned to 28 htz

vids...

Just wait for the SMD woofers, wit a rating of 3500rms, and a huge 4" coil to keep them cool... just wait

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

yea i could run 2 9518's but they are rated 1500 rms, and i will have about 4000x2 on tap....i was thinking btl's, or possibly ascendant audio.

I don't know why they rate them so conservitively, you could easily double their ratings without blinking or thinking twice about it. I ran a single DD Audio 9915 off a Z1a at 0.5ohm daily (5000wrms+) and it loved it! It had so much impact, the sub sounded angry like it wanted to punch somebody in the head! :aggressive::aggressive:

I actually preferred the woofer off 5ish than 2-3kwrms, it seemed alot more happy off tonnes of clean power than a clipped 3kwrms. Thanks to DD's freeflow cooling system it makes it very difficult to overheat the voice coils, which are almost indestructable. The motor has an air 'pump' built into it that sucks cool air around the coil and gap the more the coil strokes up and down, very cool. I'm evening running 2000wrms into each of my 3515s daily, I don't know what they're rated out but it's much less than that.

I'd say give the 9500 series a chance, I think the biggest issue you'll find is folding the cone (not good) which is their weakest point, but you can always option it to composite cone for a little extra (tough as!).

:)

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

well crap....the only other subs i think that could see 4kw daily that are proven are btl's...maybe i can get some with blank dustcaps :P

if you dont know what youre doing youll roast the BTLs with 4KW

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I don't know why they rate them so conservitively, you could easily double their ratings without blinking or thinking twice about it. I ran a single DD Audio 9915 off a Z1a at 0.5ohm daily (5000wrms+) and it loved it! It had so much impact, the sub sounded angry like it wanted to punch somebody in the head! :aggressive::aggressive:

I actually preferred the woofer off 5ish than 2-3kwrms, it seemed alot more happy off tonnes of clean power than a clipped 3kwrms. Thanks to DD's freeflow cooling system it makes it very difficult to overheat the voice coils, which are almost indestructable. The motor has an air 'pump' built into it that sucks cool air around the coil and gap the more the coil strokes up and down, very cool. I'm evening running 2000wrms into each of my 3515s daily, I don't know what they're rated out but it's much less than that.

I'd say give the 9500 series a chance, I think the biggest issue you'll find is folding the cone (not good) which is their weakest point, but you can always option it to composite cone for a little extra (tough as!).

:)

All very true. My 9515 comes alive at about 3000w and I've run it for like 30 minutes straight full tilt with an AB VFL400.1 on it and it only got a little smelly when I accidently clipped the crap out of it.

The exploding cones is caused by the way that the spiders hit the top plate before the coils hit the back plate (stops you ruining coils by bottoming out) and is usually caused by unloading the sub. If you keep the excursion under control it shouldn't be an issue :)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!