Sundown Audio

Lookin For An Amp

siucsaluki11

Do you think I could get away with a single run of 1/0 or should i be looking at some 3/0 or a double run of 1/0? This build is going to take some time to save up all the cash for the compoents and what not. Ill probably do it in stages.

Im trying to figure out how many stages and what to do in each. I can almost gaurentee that the subs and amps will be split into two stages unless i hit the lotto, lol, probably gunna spend all my tax refund and spare cash on this.

If you guys would like to give me any input on the order in which to do things, that would also be appreciated.

Possible order:

Stage 1: 2 AQ HDC3 15s

1 amp (sundown/aq/ab? still not decided)

Whatever wiring will be needed, upgrade the batt under the hood and get atleast one group 31 batt for the back.

Stage 2: HO alt and more batts

Stage 3: final 2 subs and a 2nd amp and build a new box.

That sound like a decent way to go?

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

If you're going to have a big battery in the back right beside the amp you could probably get away with a single run of 0 gauge as long as your alt is only around 200A.

If you have a bigger alt or only a small battery in the back you'll want 2 runs at least. Personally I would do 2 runs in the first place and be done with it.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Alright. 2 runs it is then. 300a alt and some batts. Due to money, i may do enough batts on the first part just for the first part, then when stage two comes i may finish it. Im only 20 and the next3-5 months ill be taking classes at acoustic edge, and thas m-f 9-5, so i wont be able to work, which blows. Hopefully ill have a nice sized tax return, should be enough to get half of the shyt i need (speakers and amp wise). Is there a brand of HO alt anyone can reccomend. The vehicle this is going in is a 2000 chevy blazer with the 4.3L V6

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Alright. 2 runs it is then. 300a alt and some batts. Due to money, i may do enough batts on the first part just for the first part, then when stage two comes i may finish it. Im only 20 and the next3-5 months ill be taking classes at acoustic edge, and thas m-f 9-5, so i wont be able to work, which blows. Hopefully ill have a nice sized tax return, should be enough to get half of the shyt i need (speakers and amp wise). Is there a brand of HO alt anyone can reccomend. The vehicle this is going in is a 2000 chevy blazer with the 4.3L V6

For the begining you can use a stock alternator from a larger truck, 140amps as a starter since you dont have much money. If you search on some blazer sites, there are stickies in the electrical and stereo sections. I know offhand the 2002 escalade has that as an option, 140 alt. It is a direct bolt in and it plugs right in. No cutting required.

Edited by jcro_61

2015 Chevy Sonic

CTX65cs - Image Dynamics 6.5" front

CTX65 - Image Dynamics 6.5" rear

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3
Rockford Fosgate PBR300x4
Sundown SAE-600D

Sundown SD3-10

Thanks man, did not know that. Is there a cretain one youd reccomend? Maybe s10v8 or whatever it is? I was on that for a while cuz i was thinkin of dropping an LS1 in there, which i would still like to do someday. Probably will when the v6 dies, till then, its time to turn it into a ground pounder.

Some decent well proven alts on the market are Excessive Amperage, Iraggi, Powermaster, Mechman, DC Power, Db Linc, and Ohio Generator. Personally I'm going to go with one of the alts from Db Linc because of the great price that they offer, but other than that I'd probably give a Mechman or Excessive Amperage a try due to their great reputation and service.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

website for Db Linc?

website for Db Linc?

U.S.Amps Merlin MD3D

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif