Second Skin Audio

Are There Any Other Brand Subs To Talk About

How bout T3 Audio?

They are one of the best and not many people talk about them.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

well personally i like kicker a lot

i used to have two 12 inch kicker cvrs that hit real hard and now i got 4 kicker cvx 15z and i only have them at an 1/8 of what they are capable of because i am saving up for batterries and they still hit pretty hard

but th thing with kicker is that if you dont have a box built to there specs they dont sound nearly as good as they can

Me being a prior kicker fanboy Im going to state that all their subs other than the solo x series use shitty kaptan coil formers and not aluminum like your other companies modest on advertising (DC Fi RE DD AA Etc). Kaptan warps easy when it gets hot as aluminum only expands and contracts.

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

I think given the right situation any sub offered would be satisfactory to someone. On SMD there are a lot of factors that come into play. How many watts can it handle, What's the xmax, does the sub like a sealed or ported enclosure, is it an SQ sub or more of an SPL thing, (what freebies do we get!) but one thing that I do like is that I have seen a lot of comments regarding customer service. That is a really big issue because no one wants to invest time and money on a sub just to have it blow, become damaged, etc. and have to deal with a crappy company that wants everything short of a DNA sample to receive satisfactory service. I am choosing to run Sundown equipment not only off of the reputation of the subs, but the reputation of the company and what kind of service they provide their customers and not just the customer who is competing for them, or the one who is mortgaging their future to have a setup but also the poor college student who has a family to support but also wants to have some fun when it comes to his favorite pasttime. (That would be me) Don't just be sold on a name truly research as many aspects as possible and if you are truly satisfied, it won't matter to you whether we like the company or not. (sorry for the long message)

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass