Temperature And It's Effect On Db

I have seen cars that do better on cooler days and I have seen my truck do much better on super hot days. Some of my best scores have been in 100+ degree days.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

idk in my car it sounds a lot less louder when the subs have been sitting in the cold for like a few hours and as soon as im bumping it for a while they get louder. it's like always 7-27 degress DAMN WINTER

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

I've seen the highest scores in my car when it's been 90+ degrees. The highest however came on a day where it was 70 degrees with a ton of moisture in the air. That day I happened to have new equiptment so I know that's why. I'll know more this summer when I get to meter in different temperatures.

Here's something for you. When I was in Ohio before I moved to NC I was doing a 148.1 in my car. When I moved to NC and got on a meter I only managed to do a 147.5 at best. That's a .6 db difference and I can't actually say what the variable was that changed it so much. Maybe elevation, barametric pressure, climate, who knows?

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

if someone has a termlab this could easily be solved

take a small 6-10" home theatre sub, grab a big cooler and ur termalb, and a thermometer

get the cooler to 32 degrees (for ease since you can just put ice in it)

take the ice out fast and replace with the sub, meter, therm. and sit on it and burb whatever the likely peak is (prolly 50-100hz) for subs that small

now take the cooler outside, get it to 70-80 degrees, repeat test... and then we'd see a test unbiased by batteries and amp temperatures and vc temps if done fast enough

since the same tone would be used... this could also show a likely patern of whether the box's peak will change due to temperature

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Here's something for you. When I was in Ohio before I moved to NC I was doing a 148.1 in my car. When I moved to NC and got on a meter I only managed to do a 147.5 at best. That's a .6 db difference and I can't actually say what the variable was that changed it so much. Maybe elevation, barametric pressure, climate, who knows?

Probably a combination of atmospheric conditions and a different meter?

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Probably a combination of atmospheric conditions and a different meter?

Yeah the meter could have been one of the varibles too. At least for a couple of tenths.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz