What Does Sq Stand For

killer_spirll

anyone with a Tiny subwoofer /that paid way too much for it / convinced it's the stuff

or you can just tell the judge you have all FOCAL & AUDISON and WIN

without having to even play your system... and have your amps sitting on the ground

next to the car till trophys are handed out, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

what is really means is you cant get it up over 130db :rolleyes:

do i sound Bitter ???

Im a lil hacked off the the SQ SNOBBS that think my system cant be clean & clear cuss i own an 18" sub with a lot of power

I do think it all comes down to INSTALL... PLACEMENT... and a few decent pieces of equipment... :friends:

so in essence the internet brand x amp your saying is just as good as a solid AB class audison amp....i may sound harsh but i'll say your full of shit if thats the case.

aint nothign wrong with focal either minus balless midbass that you can get with other stuff. other then the midbass that i like though nothign wrong with focal at all.

lol

Audison..:pssh:

I mean, there is a reason why they have an amplifier called.....

"The Amplifier"

I agree with the focal statement

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I respectfully dissagree / I think it is a bunch of Smoke blown up the @ss's of un-advised noobs that think cuss they pay 3 or 4 times what a BrandX amp cost they have a better product / the amp i use for my mids & highs has ( linkwitz crossover's ) I can adjust them & dial in a freq & Q /// do that with a preset plug&play chip...

The proper crossover of signals from one driver to the next is a subject of debate amongst audiophiles with some preferring a1st order Butterworth filter function . As often done, a single capacitor and resistor in the connection to the tweeter will not necessarily create a phase-linear 6 dB/octave crossover, but more something like a 18 dB/oct. acoustic response due to the inherent 12 dB/oct. highpass behavior of the tweeter itself. Furthermore, the tweeter will contribute a good amount of intermodulation distortion because the cone excursion wants to rise at 12 dB/oct. towards lower frequencies for constant SPL and the driver is not built for that. Add to this the wide frequency coverage overlap between tweeter and midrange, with the resulting irregular polar radiation pattern, and the 6 dB/oct. crossover becomes a costly solution for achieving waveform fidelity. At best, the goal may be obtained over a very small region in space and over a limited frequency range. But, does it matter to the listening experience, given some common observations

I prefer Hands on Old School PPi amps for my clean Power

I respectfully dissagree / I think it is a bunch of Smoke blown up the @ss's of un-advised noobs that think cuss they pay 3 or 4 times what a BrandX amp cost they have a better product / the amp i use for my mids & highs has ( linkwitz crossover's ) I can adjust them & dial in a freq & Q /// do that with a preset plug&play chip...

The proper crossover of signals from one driver to the next is a subject of debate amongst audiophiles with some preferring a1st order Butterworth filter function . As often done, a single capacitor and resistor in the connection to the tweeter will not necessarily create a phase-linear 6 dB/octave crossover, but more something like a 18 dB/oct. acoustic response due to the inherent 12 dB/oct. highpass behavior of the tweeter itself. Furthermore, the tweeter will contribute a good amount of intermodulation distortion because the cone excursion wants to rise at 12 dB/oct. towards lower frequencies for constant SPL and the driver is not built for that. Add to this the wide frequency coverage overlap between tweeter and midrange, with the resulting irregular polar radiation pattern, and the 6 dB/oct. crossover becomes a costly solution for achieving waveform fidelity. At best, the goal may be obtained over a very small region in space and over a limited frequency range. But, does it matter to the listening experience, given some common observations

I prefer Hands on Old School PPi amps for my clean Power

not really the cheapest amp on the block and not real easy to come across ppiart amps also.

that being said we arent talking about 15 year old amps here we are talking about current audison amp against a current "cheaper" as you call it amp a/bed against each other and you getting the same sound from it....

and hardly noob buddy, the ears dont lie when parts of the music are there that are clearly not there using inferior product. Its ok i know things are rough and you cant afford a quality audiophile amp but theres no need to put them down.

theres a reason why my LRX1.1k cost more then your sundown 3k

Would the Macintosh amps be considered SQ amps, they are hella Expensive just as Audison/Focal.

I dont know though, I have always went by you get what you pay for, so if I pay 2K for a 300rms amp, at least I know it will be the most effecient cleanest power money can buy......

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Would the Macintosh amps be considered SQ amps

yes

at least I know it will be the most effecient cleanest power money can buy......

Has nothing to do with efficiency, shit some of the "best most expensive" mps out there are class a, ( bout 50%) efficient

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

after a set of hertz components had sex with my ears...i will never hold anything against sq guys...lol

actually...im starting to readup a lot more on sq....since i hardly listen to rap, and most the stuff i do listen to is very instrumental...

i likes me some audio stuff...

WEll if it makes you feel better too pay more for Audison then please feel free to do so,

I Have lisened to cars that had an almost perfect meter on an RTA, sounded like Hammered Hell

and I said a Few DECENT pieces of equipment..... how you got NEW outta that ill never know...

there is Equipment out there that is as good as or better than Audison for less money...

I think the problem i have is SQ SNOBBS declair what is best and u assume install has very lil to do with the QUALITY of the SOUND,

I sat in my SUV last night and got a Tech on the phone to help with my Parametric Eq, and i have too admitt, my system sounded Muffelled before i set up the PMEQ properlly...

I'v had to set all of the gains back to next to nothing and it's louder & Cleaner than iv ever Felt before, i can sit there with my eyes closed and the sound stage blends allmost seemlessly, I am weak in the MidBass area but i have a set of 7"subs on the way, going to do a 3way front stage start off passive then go Active,

as for audison costing more than my SAZ 3000, that point is Moot,

U have allready demonstrated that your a LOGO snobb, and have not an open mind...

no point in arguing with a brick :friends:

lets just agree to dissagree

logo whore? ive probably owned more audio then you've even seen, i speak from experience with all of them, do you own any of these amps that your quick to sit here and slap down?

but then again all of us dont use SUBwoofers for midbass when you can have a real midbass with some balls behind it like a hertz set. i have a very open mind it just gets old that near every post you post is complete bullshit and alot of dont knows will read what you post and assume your correct when in fact your very far from it.

But as you say, lets agree to disagree

I am running both of my SAZ 3000d amps on a stock Alt / with

2x batterys under the amp rack, 1 battery in the stock location

and the higher voltage keeps the amps from drawing a lot of Ampreage,

amps stay cooler...

excessive Ampreage draw causes excessive heat...

Heat causes distortion, distortion causes everything to die...amps/subs....

then you get to smell the Magic Smoke....

I love my MLA module, getting to watch the look on peoples faces

when im POUNDING and my voltage is as stiff as my di@k, holds at 14.4v wile im beatting up

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

this being the same guy that said this, hes gotta be right james. He holds the key to al voltage issues.

2000 White Dodge Durango 5.9L

Flowmaster 40 Series through 2 1/2" with and open cat.

1 Dc lvl5 18

4 6.5 seleniums and 2 D200 Selenium Horns on Rockford 500.2

Big three upgrade and a kinetik HC1800 in the back with all 1/0g knu wire

shootin for 145+ :)

mybanner49a35dfb6b392.jpg 732593158.png

Archived