If your looking for a solid 3" coil pm sundownz. He is the owner of Sundown Audio and has some very beastly coils. If your sub has a big enough gap he may be able to hook you up with one of his 3" 12 layer coils! He also has 3 different length 3" 8 layer coils. That would be one of the guys to talk to about buying coils from imo.

his Aura motor takes 4" coils :(

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

his Aura motor takes 4" coils :(

-Drew

Gotcha it threw me off when he said that he was looking for a coil that is similar to those of the btl's. Since they have a 3" coil I assumed that is what his subs had. A four incher may be a little bit harder to find. I would check with a company called Robot Underground. They have a surplus of old TC sounds parts. He may be able to score a pair of the coils that were in the Lms drivers. They also go by another name which is Juicy Robot. Just do a search and their website will come up.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

alright i'll make sure that gets relayed and he gets pointed in the right direction.

i think what he meant by "similar to the btl" was the type of coil not necessarily the size :)

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:

sorry for the confusion, drew hit it nail on the head....im looking for multilayer copperclad alluminum flatwind in a 4 inch with unknown gap and unknown length :( id have to tear a sub apart to measure it...lms coils wont really do me anygood because these motors are underhung so they're about as linear as you can get. Some guy kyle on car audio.com says hes building neo woofers and someone called me an idiot for talking about mine using tc softparts because he "is tc" or some crap. anywho shot the guy a pm see what it comes up with. I actually need someone to just take my basket/motor for a week, and design me softparts and a recone kit. As beefy as it gets, and id prolly buy 2 and keep comin back for more :) but i would prefer someone local.

anyone have experience with cng1808, zr-18, beehive, or neomaxx subwoofers??? neomaxx uses same everything aside from coil and motor, same spiders, surround, basket, and cone.

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

update:

got one bad coil thats buzzing still,

Pierce audio seems to be my new source for soft parts. at a resonable price too!!! and i get their sexy ass cone and surround ;) no more inverted woofers to hide my crappy 3 rib and cone :o

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

its a bit trickier than just the basket. from what he's told me because its an underhung neo motor the LMS and 5200 coils will not work and needs a "custom" recone

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

Archived