Best Sq Sounding 6.5

fischy fisch

I have the Kicker RS0565.2 comps and I don't think that you could find a better sounding component for under $200. They were $499 back in 05 when they were first released and you can find them online now for under $200. The midbass on the woofers are crazy. I had a pair of the MB Quart Premium comps in my car and these sound way better than them on the same amount of power. The tweeters on the Kicker's are a little bright, but that can be fixed with the attenuator switch. The crossovers on these comps are some of the nicest I've seen too. I honestly think that the RS series Kicker comps sound much better than the SS series Kicker comps. I was never really a fan of Kicker speakers before but found an incredible deal so I decided to take a chance and it paid off.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

ya ive been looking at kicker mids and highs and i almost got the ss series the other day but i saw kicker came out with some new 6.5 there called the qs or something like that but there like $800 a pair so ill wait till they go down before i get em but for now i still need some 6.5 and Phoenix Gold i always hear alot so but whys that are they relly good sounding for cheap

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

I have to agree with Night Shade that Kicker has some nice 6.5 components under 200 bucks but I have been really impressed by the Focal Access line and they make a pretty nice 6.5 set and if you can find the room and some extra $ they make a sweet three way set.

The Shoe Maker without shoes!

I heard the RS series and they kick out some very nice midbass....not that hollow popping kind of midbass....bass like a sub low and hard...but for $60 your not gonna find a better pair of comps then the RSDs they kick out some serious midbass and I mean serious.....tricked a kid into thinkijng I had a 10 in my truck with only 2 6.5s in the front doors with 5 layers of deadner....then he changed his mind after the high bass came in 60hz and my door panels started rattling....gotta fix that somehow..:)

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

i like some of DLS stuff as well, but at the pricepoint wanting to be paid here i dont see that happening

... its not that expensive in the States ...well i am from Europe... but still... its good to give some extra $$$$ on the front stage .... gotta love thePosted Image

Archived