January 2009 Sotm Vote

January 2009 SOTM vote  

77 members have voted

1. 1. January 2009 SOTM vote

• mazdawg
    • Philip
    • The Performer

wow guys, just accept what you get. I voted Mazdawg because I was highly impressed with the build. All of them were great though in my opinion, and I can see how any of them would have won. I don't think running Fi and Fosgate determines winners.

I'll put these in easy terms. Think of the SOTM competition as farting. You may be the loudest or the longest lasting, but he who get's people to run out of the room with a S.B.D. wins....Understand?

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

wow guys, just accept what you get. I voted Mazdawg because I was highly impressed with the build. All of them were great though in my opinion, and I can see how any of them would have won. I don't think running Fi and Fosgate determines winners.

I'll put these in easy terms. Think of the SOTM competition as farting. You may be the loudest or the longest lasting, but he who get's people to run out of the room with a S.B.D. wins....Understand?

you obviously havent been on this forum long enough. there ARE trends on here whether you believe it or not, and I understand the brands are solid, but it shouldnt sway peoples votes.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

you obviously havent been on this forum long enough. there ARE trends on here whether you believe it or not, and I understand the brands are solid, but it shouldnt sway peoples votes.

I've been viewing this forum for years now, there are trends but they usually don't take precedence...And just go look for yourself if you don't believe me. Last year only 3 people won with the equipment your talking about. Dime, who I remember voting for because I followed his build and was highly impressed, Randy's asstro, with an insane amount of cone area and a gorgeous build, who also got my vote, and the asstroboy van, which was one of the sickest, cleanest vans I have ever seen. And all of those were easily top contenders during their month. 1/4 of the winnings last year were Fi/Fosgate and I would probably say most of the people on here have played with one brand or the other this year.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

100 percent true and thank god he didnt. I like to see other brands.

mazdawg you have one sick build.

We dont stock FI oR Rockford but i love both of these brands as we stock many other that sell a lot better day to day!! i dont think its whats you use !! ie Fi or rockford!!!!!! I think i should do something next time that is simple and untrimmed and show off my woodworking skills instead!!

The uk,s first 170db

god forbid that my next system will consist of RE, SUNDOWN, or some DIABLO equipment. too popular to get respect on this shit. all this seems like it's just a sugar coated fcuk you to the equipment i use. while i'm not into sealed boxes, lights, screens, or big systems, i can appreciate the work that goes into it. getting a van or gutting a car to get a blank canvas takes a lot of time and planning. too bad you're not withheld because of space issues or having to drive this same car everyday.

this shit really is....i cant belive you guys are really taking it that fucking hard and being such pussys about it.

i looked up to people like you mazdawg...i love every singe one of your builds and thought you were really down to earth but i see now that its not true. you and lade i have lost TONS of respect for.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

this shit really is....i cant belive you guys are really taking it that fucking hard and being such pussys about it.

i looked up to people like you mazdawg...i love every singe one of your builds and thought you were really down to earth but i see now that its not true. you and lade i have lost TONS of respect for.

I am a down to earth person!!! i aint knocking anybodies equitment at all i believe anything installed right can sound good!! sorry you lost respect for me dude!!just me and my buddy have put blood sweat and tears into this install withh over 600hours work time and i believe that its the best work if done!! maybe not everyones taste!!! so i must respect that anyway if ive offended anybody im sorry !!!!let the best man win and ill put my teddy back in the pram!!

The uk,s first 170db

mazdawg you know if you woulda ran Fi and Fosgate you would be way ahead right now. it is how it is

wonder if you would've said this if he had identical equipment to yours and was still winning.. wonder what your "reason" would be????

It's pretty sad when you have a "grudge" against someone cause he chose to run equipment of a certain brand.

What's worse is your comments about "I've always run not so popular equipment and done well with it" ... Are you serious ? You seriously think equipment is more important then the install ? WOW... I thought maybe was a mis-read on my part but the above statement from you solidifies your stance on install vs equipment...

funny thing is NOT ONE comment in this thread was made about his or ANYONES equipment NOT ONE... In fact truth be told YOU were the one that brought up equipment...

Pretty sad how you sulk about losing to someone and instead of looking at your own fault you take a shot at the equipment...

i guess we know how to separate the mature people from wah wah babies..

Man welcome to the real world... You know some people have to realize that when you look at your own child you think it's the cutest thing in the world.. fact is not everyone will "think" like you. I personally like simple installs... you know done by a DIY with no professional background in car audio, never worked at a shop, does something else for a living but puts out a nice system. one an every day joe can relate to, The other installs are fit for magazines imho, average guys like simple installs that are more realistic for us to relate to. I can tell myself WOW if this guy can do an install like that so can I vs wow i need lots of money, lots of talent, lots of time and lots of know how to do an install like that...

Hell lade to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside I'll have philip change out his subs to memphis and amps to some JL stuff...

Mazdawg... I must say your install is beautiful but once again i love simple installs... just because you aren't winning in any polls doesn't mean the community on a whole doesn't respect your work.. this poll is based on what people think is a good install to them NOT who has vested the most time...

Ascendant Audio Hawaii Rep

Sundown Audio Hawaii Rep

Archived