Itunes Plus... 256 Kbps Aac Upgrade

ill take that $100 challenge lol.

128 is the lowest i would ever use.

i always rip my cds at 256 or better.

all that downloadin shit off of limewire or w/e else people use is terrible quality.

in our recording studio we have an extremely acoustically correct room, with amazing speakers driven off of amazing amplifiers, and we were listening to a few different cd's the other night looking for ideas and we came across a few (store bought) cd's that sounded like low bitrate mp3's. i was amazed that someone would put something like that out to sell.

Well, all my downloaded music is above iTunes. I ONLY download 320kb & FLACS. Every now & then, I'll go w/ a 256kb.I also don't use Limewire or iTunes. I just use W-BB for everything. I pay about $30 a month to download any movie/music/program for free.

Oh, I can tell a difference. I have a pair of AKG K701s driven of a home headphone amp. You can tell a pretty big difference w/ acoustical music. These headphones weren't built for rap/hip-hop anyways.

i think something with REAL detail like REAL music might be easier to tell......i love rap, i love big basslines.... but its not really what i would consider real music, or i should say "reference" music :D

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Well, all my downloaded music is above iTunes. I ONLY download 320kb & FLACS. Every now & then, I'll go w/ a 256kb.I also don't use Limewire or iTunes. I just use W-BB for everything. I pay about $30 a month to download any movie/music/program for free.

Oh, I can tell a difference. I have a pair of AKG K701s driven of a home headphone amp. You can tell a pretty big difference w/ acoustical music. These headphones weren't built for rap/hip-hop anyways.

what is this W-BB you speak of? lol

i cant remember which model they are, but we have a few pairs of some AKG's in the studio, the ones with like 5 drivers per side or some shit, they sound good just dont pull enough power to get loud enough (we got plenty of power too them too, big ass JBL amp running the headphones).

edit: those def. arent built for rap/hip hop, few big basslines hit them things when theyre cranked and some confetti be flyin out of 'em lol

Edited by qu1cks1lver56

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

I upgraded all my 128k's to 256k and i can tell a big difference. I downloaded keak da sneaks's - town business and Ren da Heat Monsta - West Up and they sound much better than some of the older stuff I downloaded. Much better highs and lows. The volume is a million times better. Hope that helps.

jason

Float mounted IPad Mini playing through Bluetooth

IStreamer for Iphone or Ipad

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3

RE Audio XXX 6.5's in each door with a second set soon to be added to the front doors

Two Rockford T600-4's for the components

Blowthrough with two Sundown SA-8's

RF T1500-bd's for the subs

8000k H.I.D.'s in headlights and fogs

Lifted 2" in front and 2" in back (soon to be installed a Suspension Maxx 1.5" body lift)

17" Ultra Rogue 175's on Nitto Trail Grappler 285/17 70's

Undercover Bedcover

Surco Roof Rack

Five Hella Lights on front bumper

270A Mechman Alternator

Two Optima Yellow Top batteries

Dynamat double layered each door and roof, quadruple layered on back wall, single layered on floor with Second Skin Luxury Liner Pro on top.

what is this W-BB you speak of? lol

i cant remember which model they are, but we have a few pairs of some AKG's in the studio, the ones with like 5 drivers per side or some shit, they sound good just dont pull enough power to get loud enough (we got plenty of power too them too, big ass JBL amp running the headphones).

W-BB = Warez-BB.org

It's a forum like this one full of anything you could want. They only downside is that most files are hosted on a site called RapidShare.com. Now to download more than one file every 36hrs on RapidShare, it cost money. I think a month of membership w/ a 80gb permonth is like $15. But I buy the extra netshare so I get 180gb limit a month for $30. Your left over bandwidth also carries over.

I get screeners for most movies there (DVD quality)...Like this past Jan., I downloaded The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Taken, Revolutionary Road, Sumdog Millionaire, & more all before release date in DVD quality.

i think something with REAL detail like REAL music might be easier to tell......i love rap, i love big basslines.... but its not really what i would consider real music, or i should say "reference" music :D

That does play a huge part in it.

Most mainstream stuff is recorded as garbage anyway. I think most people really don't put much thought into the quality of the recording these days. Once you get use to the half ass recording quality you get to a point where you don't miss it.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

eh, i turned the volume all the way up on the ipod and it still isnt "as loud" as an mp3 cd :(

I have noticed when I do that, the songs seem like they start to have poor sound quality once you get up into the higher end of the volume adjustment on the deck.... and I am using the Alpine high speed cable with my itouch....I tried going through itunes once and adjusting the volume on every song to max volume, ( high light your whole library and right click ), let the ipod resync to the new adjustment , then I turned up the volume on the ipod to max , then plugged the alpine cable to it..... that lasted until I got back home and I undid all of that shit. leave the volume settings alone in itunes, and keep the ipod at about 60-70 percent volume.

Edited by trainman0978

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties