Second Skin Audio

Please Help, I Have A Problem.. It's Disgusting

could always do a multituned box

with both sides open say it will be tuned to 40 you close one say it will be tuned to 32

multituned.jpg

(i didnt read whole thread just the bottom so im not sure if this is what you need)

problem with this is that you need dedicated separate boxes separate subs, not 1 sub, with 2 tunings- The subs need to be playing the same frequency, while there ports play the in phase lower tuning ( all other bass will be out of phase)

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

i am also a fan of the low lows, i was tuned at 28hz before and i loved the way it sounded,so clean. but i wanted louder, so i tuned to 33hz and its so much louder and i can still hit the lows like no other. (4 15's have a tendency to do that lol)

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

i dont know if its been said, what subs are you using and what is it going in? have you checked out jacks sleeper yet? he is doing 150+ from 20hz to 50hz *if i remember right...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

From what I can understand of your post it sounds like you're looking for a design that sounds "good" on 99% of the music out there, but then completely destroys the lows as well.

I think you may be able to better tune your desired output with a 6th order bandpass box since you're looking for something fairly specific.

Just remember you have to make sacrifices somewhere. There is no such thing as a "perfect" enclosure, because it's all relative to your preferences. If you NEED to peak at 20-30Hz, you're gonna have to accept that most music will play at a lower level.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

ever listen to paul wall internet goin nutz ?

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

you'll be fine tuning 25hz, even if you want to play 15, just be careful on the volume

my 43hz tune will drop to 28 at basically full power with no weird side effects/unloading, it may go even lower, i just dont have any music (yes i listen to music, not bass cd's, its a cool thing to do with a stereo imo) that drops lower than that, and even that is just one section of one song. 29hz like in "i love your girl" or something like that is played with similar ease, but then again my peak is definately high 30's/low 40's somewhere

the kicker amp, i'd suggest something else. unless you have your heart set on that log back there, if you want to go low its not the way, that ssf is locked in there. rockford t2k, the new t-2500 thats coming out, which would make you the coolest guy on the forum, atleast until meade straps 8 in his ride just to be the coolest guy ever..

I'm gonna go out and cut the port today.... but 1st can anyone get me the IB3 single 2 ohm WinISD

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/att...fi-ib3-18s2.wdr

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy...-pro-files.html

I'm going out to re-measure to get airspace, as soon as I have the IB3 file I'll plug that back into winisd and figure the 25Hz tune

So why do subs in-car go so much further below tuning? I can't see more than 10Hz being OK with full power!

So the 25Hz SSF will be an issue???

the t2k... is that the same as the t15k... large capacitance made for huge power burps and short plays? Acts like a defibrillator?

I am looking for something less than $500 that will do a solid 2500 watts with high efficiency. I'm thinking of getting rid of 3 of my 6 red tops, cuz they're heavy as hell.

What I would really like is a used KX/ZX 2500.1 for $300-$400, Rockford is fine, I'd maybe consider another Hifonics rated 3000 so that I still get at least 2500

IB3 22"

mine being @28hz would play hard from 40hz to 16hz but can go all the way down full power. my ssf is all the way down, which is 10hz and i dont unload anywhere. my port is up against my hatch, so i believe it helps load the port more giving me my performance so well down real low.

I just don't understand that... I have HUGE excursion at 18Hz during Bass I Love you, and I am tuned to 14Hz! So how can you go that low? I have an 18" with less than a grand of power!

I have been playing with the seat up and down that is in front of my port, I thought mine would "load" against it, but instead it is blocking or restricting airflow so I think I get more excursion instead of it effectively tuning lower and getting more gain via loading

IB3 22"