Nightshade's Focus ZX3 build

Congrates Zack you have one hell of a system. I still need to see it in person lol. Now that we are getting to the end of the school year I have been looking into upgrading my sub....Maybe a shade;)

Next Saturday in High Point there is a night jam for NSPL that is a 3X event. You should try to make it out Vince. Maybe give a shot at bassrace again and win again this time. You know you want a Nightshade in your Jeep.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

ah grats on your record man :) i'm also looking forward to getting my nightshades. trying to decide if i should risk double the RMS, or just try my damnedest to squeeze 4 in. but that's another story. nice job :good:

I can vouch that Zach's car is vicious playing some Lil Jon. No doubt there's some hidden deebeez in there. If anyone ever gets the chance to get a demo you need to hear it to believe it.

Thanks Derrick. I have a good idea where some of that pressure is hiding at so within the next week or so I'm going to try and get it to transfer to the dash. I've already added some more deadener to the roof, so I'm really hoping that will help some. I did 2 layers at the hatch door where it hinges to the roof and then did 3 layers right above the ports on the roof. It's stopped a little bit of the roof flex, but I think it's going to take more like 6 layers to almost eliminate it.

Hopefully I get to test some more stuff out before the Night Jam in High Point. The stuff that I'm wanting to do could easily give me up to 1-1.3 db, so it really needs to be put to the test now.

Thanks again to those of you that have made comments. I was starting to think that maybe some people didn't believe me, or they just didn't really care. This car is loud and still plays music and I love to demo it. So if anyone's around and wants to hear it don't hesitate to ask.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

Thanks Derrick. I have a good idea where some of that pressure is hiding at so within the next week or so I'm going to try and get it to transfer to the dash. I've already added some more deadener to the roof, so I'm really hoping that will help some. I did 2 layers at the hatch door where it hinges to the roof and then did 3 layers right above the ports on the roof. It's stopped a little bit of the roof flex, but I think it's going to take more like 6 layers to almost eliminate it.

Hopefully I get to test some more stuff out before the Night Jam in High Point. The stuff that I'm wanting to do could easily give me up to 1-1.3 db, so it really needs to be put to the test now.

Thanks again to those of you that have made comments. I was starting to think that maybe some people didn't believe me, or they just didn't really care. This car is loud and still plays music and I love to demo it. So if anyone's around and wants to hear it don't hesitate to ask.

For shits and Giggles, could you meter it at 20 and 30hz?

For shits and Giggles, could you meter it at 20 and 30hz?

I don't mind metering it at 30hz, but I don't really feel safe metering it at 20hz. 20hz is a little too low for my box tuning and may cause the woofers to throw entirely too much. I don't know maybe I will for you cause I have some port plugs. I can plug one or two to drop the tuning of the box so the subs may be safe if I were to do that. I'll get back to you on the scores Chris. I wouldn't be surprised to see over a 150 at 30hz and probably a 148+ at 20hz. The box is tuned to 37hz right now and if I were to plug one port it would drop the tuning to 34hz and if I were to plug two of them it would be at about 30hz.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

I don't mind metering it at 30hz, but I don't really feel safe metering it at 20hz. 20hz is a little too low for my box tuning and may cause the woofers to throw entirely too much. I don't know maybe I will for you cause I have some port plugs. I can plug one or two to drop the tuning of the box so the subs may be safe if I were to do that. I'll get back to you on the scores Chris. I wouldn't be surprised to see over a 150 at 30hz and probably a 148+ at 20hz. The box is tuned to 37hz right now and if I were to plug one port it would drop the tuning to 34hz and if I were to plug two of them it would be at about 30hz.

If it does this, I'll heavily consider buying some Nightshades.

If it does this, I'll heavily consider buying some Nightshades.

I'm just kinda afraid to let it rip at that low of a freq since my subs load right up against the hatch wall. They're only 4" or so away from the hatch and may mess them up a bit.

You wanna see my port plugs? They work awesome.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Wow! I can't believe that I didn't get anymore love than this. I guess it's because I'm not running any DC, Fi, or RF gear in my car. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to break a 152 with my measly 3300 watts to impress anyone around here.

Thanks to those of you that made comments, ya'll know what's up http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

i think your a nice guy but that post really stinks.....every brand here gets love even ones i will most likeley NEVER run - so just because you didnt get as much love as you wanted to, as fast as you wanted it, is no reason to go there with the DC, Fi and RF bullshit. I for one, just saw this post just now - cant see them all you know, too many of you doin big things these days to keep up. Also, Maybe some of us, including me have no idea what NSPL is therefore its hard to comprehend "world record". If you say its a WR, then congrats!! :)

how does NSPL work and are they world wide? How many states? Never seen one in Nor-Cal anywhere.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Archived