Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

ok so im sure this has already been answered but i dont want to search through 24 pages to find it. If my sub is firing upward but i dont have a baffle, do i need to just add .75 to the height?

technically it HAS to have a baffle. but if it's a single baffle, don't add anything. it's already figured in for you.

and fosgatefiend, yeah my best suggestion is to try one of those programs. i don't know much about them because i've never used them, so it's your call really. to get the program to run fully on a mac, it'd have to be completely reworked, which i can't do because 1....i hate apple and 2....since i hate apple i don't have a mac for debugging :P

ok so im sure this has already been answered but i dont want to search through 24 pages to find it. If my sub is firing upward but i dont have a baffle, do i need to just add .75 to the height?

technically it HAS to have a baffle. but if it's a single baffle, don't add anything. it's already figured in for you.

and fosgatefiend, yeah my best suggestion is to try one of those programs. i don't know much about them because i've never used them, so it's your call really. to get the program to run fully on a mac, it'd have to be completely reworked, which i can't do because 1....i hate apple and 2....since i hate apple i don't have a mac for debugging :P

Yea thanks for the help. Lot of apple haters

That makes no sense. All of his google sketch ups have a baffle on the inside and no mine does not have that so yes I realize that's already figured in but that's not how my box is made so ill ask again should I just ad .75 to the height since my sub is firing upward to cancel it out since its already figured in

Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400

XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter

Mechman 240a alt

I

That makes no sense. All of his google sketch ups have a baffle on the inside and no mine does not have that so yes I realize that's already figured in but that's not how my box is made so ill ask again should I just ad .75 to the height since my sub is firing upward to cancel it out since its already figured in

So you are just double layering the top baffle at the full size right?

That make it a bit trickier, but you can just use sketchup to get your net volume, subtract your subs displacement and bracing. Then put that number into torres "net volume" field. Then put your port dimensions in. You will have to go back and forth and back and forth until you work it all out.

I

That make it a bit trickier, but you can just use sketchup to get your net volume, subtract your subs displacement and bracing. Then put that number into torres "net volume" field. Then put your port dimensions in. You will have to go back and forth and back and forth until you work it all out.

basically my box has no baffle. Its just a box with a hole cut in the top piece. Nothing under that. Thats why i was saying do i just add .75 to the height to cancel out the already figured in baffle to figure out my true net space? (of course along with the sub and port displacement)

Mechman 240a alt

I changed the background to a custom one, but i can't change it back to the default background. How can I change it back.

did you move the port?

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

ok so i got a new computer and its a macbook. so how do i download it on my computer

You can try the following, download this:

https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

(Mac OS X host)

Install it and run it.

Get an installation disk of Windows 7.

Follow the instructions in VirtualBox to create a virtual machine and install Windows 7 on it.

Open a browser on Windows 7 and download Torres from there.

Install and run Torres.

It will be more than 15 minutes so be really patient and read carefully the instructions, it is not that hard but has to be done right.

ok so i'll answer you again. no you do not need to add anything to it since it's already figured in. see below

I

basically my box has no baffle. Its just a box with a hole cut in the top piece. Nothing under that. Thats why i was saying do i just add .75 to the height to cancel out the already figured in baffle to figure out my true net space? (of course along with the sub and port displacement)

yes your box does have a baffle. it's where the subs go. does it have an EXTRA baffle? probably not from the sound of it. side where the hole is cut is the baffle. don't confuse that with multiple baffles. if it doesn't have any extra, then don't put any number in the 'number of extra baffles' box and you'll be fine.

say you had a box that is 13.5 x 13.5 x 13.5. you'd have a box that is 1 cubic foot of net volume (hopefully i don't have to explain why the measurements are 13.5" instead of 12"). cut a hole in one side for the speaker, the baffle, and you have a speaker box. basically the same thing that you have, just different measurements and a port inside of it.

and when i get some free time, i'm going to go back a few pages and read and sort through the comments. some tricky glitches are popping up it seems and i'd like to note them down and iron everything out. hopefully soon after this weekend

ok so i'll answer you again. no you do not need to add anything to it since it's already figured in. see below

I

yes your box does have a baffle. it's where the subs go. does it have an EXTRA baffle? probably not from the sound of it. side where the hole is cut is the baffle. don't confuse that with multiple baffles. if it doesn't have any extra, then don't put any number in the 'number of extra baffles' box and you'll be fine.

say you had a box that is 13.5 x 13.5 x 13.5. you'd have a box that is 1 cubic foot of net volume (hopefully i don't have to explain why the measurements are 13.5" instead of 12"). cut a hole in one side for the speaker, the baffle, and you have a speaker box. basically the same thing that you have, just different measurements and a port inside of it.

and when i get some free time, i'm going to go back a few pages and read and sort through the comments. some tricky glitches are popping up it seems and i'd like to note them down and iron everything out. hopefully soon after this weekend

alright thanks for the final solid help. But i was curios about something else. I know you said the RE calculator isn't spot on but what bout the Precision Sound Product calculator for their aero ports?

Mechman 240a alt

Archived