Sundown Audio

Rockford T30001 Voltage

clintcav

i am running 3 of the t30001bd amplifiers. I have an alternator with adjustable regulator and i am about to buy batteries. Do I buy the 16 volt kinetic batteries with the dual terminals and run the rest of the truck on the 12 volt terminal. To charge a 16 volt batt you need around 17.5 to 18 volts. If i go with 12 volt batteries i will be loosing power. So will this amp handle that much voltage? this is my daily driver 2002 expedition

2001 EXPEDITION

6 RE MT 15" WITH TEAM PSI PARTS

4 ROCKFORD T30001BD

3 ROCKFORD T5002

6 DEKA GROUP 31 INTIMIDATOR BATTS

156 AT 42Hz at 12 volts (need more alternator)

usac outlaw in the kick door open

ok imnot sure if your amps are able to accept 16 volts not sure but you would need around 18 vots to charge the kinetic 16 volts yes also it would be a good i dea to run the 18 volt alt as a second alt setup keepin the the stock 12 volt alt and the stock 12 volt batt

must be nice huh

i am running 3 of the t30001bd amplifiers. I have an alternator with adjustable regulator and i am about to buy batteries. Do I buy the 16 volt kinetic batteries with the dual terminals and run the rest of the truck on the 12 volt terminal. To charge a 16 volt batt you need around 17.5 to 18 volts. If i go with 12 volt batteries i will be loosing power. So will this amp handle that much voltage? this is my daily driver 2002 expedition

i dont think the RF amps will take it. i know sundown will ;)

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

yeh i think RF is good for up to around 15 ...... maybe slightly more or less.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

NO dont run them with 16v batteries!!!! Get you 2 of the largest battery you can afford that is 12v per amp and they will perform GREAT! I suggest either 2 Kinetik HC2400's per amp or 2 Powermaster D2400's or 2700's per amp for optimal performance

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Archived