Sonic Electronix

Loud Systems And Your Ears :: Happened To You?

I've been bangin the bass hard since 98 and have no problems hearing, actually I have sensitive hearing and can hear very faint noises quite easily. I don't bang my shit that hard anymore, since i don't drive my acura daily. Had my hearing checked by the doctors in 2005 with no hearing loss what so every, and recently, same thing.

I went to a concert, with the screaming highs, and my ears hurt x10 more than bass, and i had ringing for the erst of the day.

Highs will kill your hearing 100xms faster than bass. Although I believe that over, 160 @ any frequency will destroy your hearing pretty quick. Hearing protection FTW.

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

I have been jammin systems for years now. Only thing I notice is the ringing I get in my ears from time to time. I would like to hear how Steve handles 20,000 watts on a daily basis! Where you at Steve, I'm calling you out lol.

No matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere, is sick of her shit.

99 Tahoe:

2-10" MA Audio

4-6.5" Kenwood door speakers

Total Amp

Sony HU

Dirty highs hurt your ears, bass doesn't.

Then again I'm getting ever so close to the magic 150 in my little Street B build and that's giving me a headache if I burp it inside the car too much...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

i have tweeters in my a-pillars and after a good drive listening to some rock or basically anything with a guitar solo that goes way high in pitch i have trouble understanding people with low voices it just sounds all messhed together.

i def get a headache if i bang it hard for a few mins, and the pain i used to get from really loud systems has completely gone away, its just like a weird pressure now, even sitting in cars going over 150, its just like...annoying, i know i'm getting numbed to it like charger said.

my girlfriend cant stand my subs, or my highs, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

if i play like metal or rock on blast my ears will noticeably be ringing when i get out, and sitting here in quiet for the first time all day, they definitely just ring all the time, but they have really always done that ever since i was a kid.

and noone believes me but i can hear electricity. i can tell if an amplifier or tv is on. we used to have one of those ionic fans and i was the only one that could hear it, and it drove me friggin insane, i could hear it all through the house even though it has no moving parts, i could like hear the charge or something.

between dirtbikes, quads, gokarts since i was like 5, guns since i was old enough to go to the range, and my system or friends systems since i was 14, my hearing is def worse then some people, i have trouble hearing people on the fone mostly. Its weird though, its not like i lost any range, which is what is normally associated with hearing loss, its like some of the fainter sounds just dont come through clear.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

The first system I had in my chevy Corsica bucket was 2 12" cerwin vega heds and a Sony xplode "1000 watt" amp back in the spring of '01 not having a clue about car audio so I smoked my equipment and moved on to a jbl 1200.1 and 15" cerwin vega stroker by the end of summer and I noticed my ears would ache after that and a few set ups later I haven't noticed any ringing or hearing loss. Hearing tests that I had done when I first joined the marines to one I did a couple months ago have shown no change in my hearing even after going to countless ranges, lobbing grenades, working with demolitions, working with mortars, firing smaw rockets (which is the loudest weapon we have next to tanks) and having tank main gun rounds going off 20 meters away. With some of that I had a bit of temp hearing loss that subsided after a couple days other than that I've been pretty lucky. I probably just jinxed myself too

Started the car audio thing 2 years ago.

Got a constant ringing in my ears when its quiet around me, a week ago i also had a painful "fullness" or pressure in my ears, but that's gone now.

No hearing loss noted so far.

'99 Civic hatch

18" AA Chaos - 7cuft @ 34hz - 114sq in. port

Mac Audio Fearless ~ 1000wrms @ 2 Ohms

Videos:

Youtube

and noone believes me but i can hear electricity. i can tell if an amplifier or tv is on. we used to have one of those ionic fans and i was the only one that could hear it, and it drove me friggin insane, i could hear it all through the house even though it has no moving parts, i could like hear the charge or something.

I know what you mean, i can hear when the tv is on and those mouse things that send signals.

2003 Pontiac Vibe Dark Red

18" Motegi MR-7's

2 Alpine Type-R 6.5" Coaxial Speakers on the front doors

Alpine CDA Head Unit w/IPod Cable

Alpine V-Power mono mr650

12" Alpine Type-R(2 Ohm) Subwoofer

Dynamat in the trunk with the liscense plate and,

2 Stock tweaters in the front, with the stock speakers in the back seats

Archived