My Son Just Made My Night...

did the tuning change when u did that?

The only reason tuning would change from running internat ports to external, is total box volume. With internal ports, the volume of the box is going to be slightly smaller than running external ports, raising the frequency a hair. The difference is seldom noticed.

Hope that answered your question.

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

Soooo Arik, What did the youngest member of the Familia think of the T/L #'s?

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Nice! He could almost bassrace the 29.9 class with a wee more power!!!

Looks good man!

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Soooo Arik, What did the youngest member of the Familia think of the T/L #'s?

I tired to explain to him what the numbers mean and how they are impressive for the build itself, but he wasn't getting it. I guess that will come later.

But on the other hand after listening to Jeron's car he was like "why don't mine sound like that" :lol: :lol: :lol: I just had to sit back and laugh. I said one day yours will, just need a little more power with bigger speakers and some help form the TEAM and SMD. So he is pumped, and we have already talked about another box...

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

I tired to explain to him what the numbers mean and how they are impressive for the build itself, but he wasn't getting it. I guess that will come later.

But on the other hand after listening to Jeron's car he was like "why don't mine sound like that" :lol: :lol: :lol: I just had to sit back and laugh. I said one day yours will, just need a little more power with bigger speakers and some help form the TEAM and SMD. So he is pumped, and we have already talked about another box...

well if he shows upwith you this weekend we can measure a stock system like my van basically wich i metered for gets and shiggles to test the updateed software and show him what the meter reads at the speaker (like 110with the freq at 120hz :lol: ) then meter jeron and shite and he may under stand better

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Wow! I'm impressed!

When I first got into car audio, My dad hated it! He told me the first sound ticket I got, He'd pull out the stereo every day for as many days as what the ticket cost. $1 per day. After the first year with no Noise Ordinance Violation tickets, he lightened up a little and would listen to it whenever I would make changes. Now he Loves it! I put 2 15's in his car in a sealed prefab box. Perfect for his rock and roll, country, and occationally a lil hip-hop. He even rode around town with me slammin 6 15's a few times.

Father and son moments are the best and I would give up just about anything to have more of them. Get out there, have fun, LEARN. But just remember, Saftey Always Comes First! And this is something your boy is gonna remember for the rest of his life

HAHA Im at the point where he hates em. Hopefully my dad will turn around

1995 Ford Mustang 3.8l V6 5 Speed

Plans:

• 2 12 inch dc Level 4s
  • DC 2.0k Amp
  • KCA 1/0 Power Amplifier Installation Kit
  • 220 Amp Alt
  • XS Power 12V D925 AGM Battery
  • Stinger Volt Gauge
  • Rockford Fosgate RCAs
  • Box built from birch. Probably tuned to 32 Hz
  • 0 gauge wiring for extra battery
  • Dynamat

Untitled-1-5.jpg

“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

Al McGuire

“The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets”

Al McGuire

remember this always

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

• 2 weeks later...

Archived