My Son Just Made My Night...

that kid is gonna be good one day. he'll do fine on his first build. wanna hear how it's going though. i'm 15 and got into car audio about 2 years ago. however, i had to teach myself everything i now know. it's good to hear that you'll be helping.

good luck kid!!

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

that kid is gonna be good one day. he'll do fine on his first build. wanna hear how it's going though. i'm 15 and got into car audio about 2 years ago. however, i had to teach myself everything i now know. it's good to hear that you'll be helping.

good luck kid!!

btw, have fun. trust me, you will.

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

that kid is gonna do wonders in life. My parents would practically dis-own me when I started talking about this kind of stuff, but I think it's cause they saw it coming years in advance.

To the little guy: have fun, listen to your Dad every step of the way, be safe, and welcome to the disease!

gickrcom_2a29f39d-4cc8-e414-f543-2.gif

www.mypsace.com/ineedagirl2006

ya my dad took me to my first competition when i was like 10 so i can say that he is the one who got me started into car audio and now im 21 and now im the one doin up his system and mine..... but to the lil one good luck with it and take lots of pics!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

SMDMafiajay05.jpge8c725c4.jpg

kansas city

your son reminds me of me when i heard my first ground pounder at 7 years old some... 15" strokers

your son has all the symptoms of being a good old fashion bass-head :D:yahoo:

KEEP IT UP LIL MAN IM SURE YOUR GONNA GET EM THUMPING!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

So got home from work today to find the boy had just finished his homework and did his chores. I told him to fire up the laptop and go to that page that he was on last night. Then I told him to look for the forum tab up top and then to this topic. It took him a minute but he found it and boy was he surprised.

He sat there and read all the replies and encouragement and he was cheesing from ear to ear. I kinda gave him the run down on some of the people that I kinda know a little bit. You know the COD4 guys. I also explained to him the importance of networking and you just never know who you may run across on these boards. So always be respectful just like if you were face to face.

Again he was pumped and then we broke out the note pad and we did some configuring. I showed him the specs for the subs and explained to the best of my knowledge what each meant. I explained the difference between ported boxes and sealed boxes and he decided he want to go with a ported box with round port. I had him got and take the measurements of the car I then showed him how to rework then to get the box to fit in the amount of space that was available and still meet the spec's of the sub.

The best part was he really wanted to do triangle box and put a sub on all three sides in the middle of the trunk. Little man is already trying to go big. I talked him into a more simple build for his first go around.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tomorrow I think we will head to Lowe's and pick up the goods for the build.

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

Hey lil man welcome to the SMD family!!!! only suggestion I have out of experiance is put both ports in the middle one over the other and you wont be dissapointed!!!! DO WORK!!!! any ??? feel free to ask hell maybe you guys may end up showing up at some tri state builds in the futer maybe a VAN??? :D :D :D

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

dam. you weren't playing!

father and son quality time is always good. enjoy it.

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

Archived