XS Power

well i have a optima red top under the hood and 2 d1200's in the trunk ever since i got em ive smoked 2 amps...anybody can share any knowledge on wat may have happen???

my setup:

alpine iva-w205

fosgate t30001

rf t8004

re 6x9

2 re sx 15's

4 inch fosgate fanatic q components

hertz 6.5 comp

kicker 1/0 wiring

ipod direct connect

2 optimas batts

in the middle of rebuilding

GRROUNDZERO.jpg

bad cell inside of them?

ya thats wat im thinkin they were charged up ..it only took my t30001 2 times,and a us amp ax3200 to get burnt up b4 i figured this sh*t out looks like im send my amp back to arc again... i heard these batts were good i just took em back and bought one big odessy batt..this sucks

my setup:

alpine iva-w205

fosgate t30001

rf t8004

re 6x9

2 re sx 15's

4 inch fosgate fanatic q components

hertz 6.5 comp

kicker 1/0 wiring

ipod direct connect

2 optimas batts

in the middle of rebuilding

GRROUNDZERO.jpg

ya thats wat im thinkin they were charged up ..it only took my t30001 2 times,and a us amp ax3200 to get burnt up b4 i figured this sh*t out looks like im send my amp back to arc again... i heard these batts were good i just took em back and bought one big odessy batt..this sucks

Unless there was something wrong with the installation, there is no way adding 2 D1200's to your installation would be directly responsible for your amplifiers to blow. When you send the amps back to arc ask them what caused the failure. I am anxious to hear a professional's opinion of what caused the amp to fail.

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER

Unless there was something wrong with the installation, there is no way adding 2 D1200's to your installation would be directly responsible for your amplifiers to blow. When you send the amps back to arc ask them what caused the failure. I am anxious to hear a professional's opinion of what caused the amp to fail.

i agree...

ntm, doesnt the alt charge the battery with the least path of resistance 1st? Your alt might have been charging the red top 1st... and if you didn't let your car run for a while, or doing something when you had to drive around for like a 1/2 hr ish b4 bumpin your music (so your alt can charge ur front, and some of you back batts), so what ever power was in the D1200's when you 1st bought em may have be depleted if you just installed them, and started bumoin hard, w/o charging em at all

thats what im thinkin, but i could be wrong...

im no professional, i just stayed at a holiday inn last night ;):D

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

i agree...

ntm, doesnt the alt charge the battery with the least path of resistance 1st? Your alt might have been charging the red top 1st... and if you didn't let your car run for a while, or doing something when you had to drive around for like a 1/2 hr ish b4 bumpin your music (so your alt can charge ur front, and some of you back batts), so what ever power was in the D1200's when you 1st bought em may have be depleted if you just installed them, and started bumoin hard, w/o charging em at all

thats what im thinkin, but i could be wrong...

im no professional, i just stayed at a holiday inn last night ;):D

haha! Yes, it very well could be that by adding additional batteries you put additional strain on your alternator and can no longer hold adequate voltage. A simple check with a multimeter would have revealed the answer instead of taking back two perfectly good batteries to replace them with less power in the end....

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER

haha! Yes, it very well could be that by adding additional batteries you put additional strain on your alternator and can no longer hold adequate voltage. A simple check with a multimeter would have revealed the answer instead of taking back two perfectly good batteries to replace them with less power in the end....

I am a little confused here. I was told that adding batteries would assist my alt in powering my amps. So now if I add a rear battery, I am not helping my alt? Adding rear batteries are detrimental to my charging system? Why sell them then?

So if you are upset at him returning 2 perfectly good batteries, and you are sure they were perfectly good, how could it be that his amps fried due to low voltage? This could be answered one of two ways:

1) The batteries were defective and did not properly supplement the alt power.

2) The batteries were good, but are over-rated and were not adequate for powering a 3000W amp.

I am a little confused here. I was told that adding batteries would assist my alt in powering my amps. So now if I add a rear battery, I am not helping my alt? Adding rear batteries are detrimental to my charging system? Why sell them then?

So if you are upset at him returning 2 perfectly good batteries, and you are sure they were perfectly good, how could it be that his amps fried due to low voltage? This could be answered one of two ways:

1) The batteries were defective and did not properly supplement the alt power.

2) The batteries were good, but are over-rated and were not adequate for powering a 3000W amp.

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm far from knowledgeable, but here's my understanding:

The battery is supposed to supplement the alt. It isn't meant to completely power your car and audio system. That's why when people plan out systems with battery banks, the factor in the batt's draw. Batteries can only store power from the alt to use at a "better" time. They don't make power. So if the batteries are low, and can't get a charge...bad stuff happens.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert