XS Power

How Many Volt Can U Run On The Powermasters Battery?

What are you skills with 12v electronics? I can help you with your problem if you have a good understanding of 12v and charging/starter systems.

Here is what I use in my Daily/off road spl machine atm and the vehicle runs off two stepdowns just fine and one alternator atm charges at 18 volt to stereo battery bank.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1482...mp;id=704962744

-Donald Hebig1989 Blazer S10 4x4-Four Fi BTL N3 15" "Ruthless bass!"-Four pair of American Bass VFL 8", 6.5", and tweets-Sundown SAZ 1500(2550wrms=156 dB) 92+ Psychlone RTA. Fully off-road capable street build. Built for music.-----------Bringing Sound Quality to a whole new level.--------------dB Drag: Personal best 161.3 sealed up and 158+ Bass Race.USACi: -Canadian SB5 Record holder-Canadian SM 4001+ Record holder

I heard there is a certain way to run the kinetik's safely and if you do not use the 12v post or do not use the 12v incorrectly they work just fine. They have 2 180 db+ vehicles and are used in some of the loudest 16 volt set ups. Anyone test a d3100 against a pc2150 for burps or a d2700 against a pc1750 for burps?

Kinetik makes a fine battery, point is using that 13 volt post on the kinetik to run the car may shorten the life span of the battery.

In the past failures have been reported most noticeably in daily driven vehicles. Competition vehicles see far less use and most owners will properly keep them maintained while awaiting next competition thereby increasing their odds of lower failure rates. On a daily driven vehicle I believe the powermaster setup is more reliable when installed correctly.

Some good info and feedback in this post! Thanks guys for helping with all the tech info, etc.

My #1 recommendation is to run dual alternators. We actually have a way where two of our new XS Power alternators can be used to allow you to toggle back and forth between 12 and 16V. This way you can dedicate all the alternator power to the sytem if you want, and can toggle back to 12V when you're finished jamming!

The stepdowns are a good option when you dont have room for a secondary alt, or if you just need extra room up front for more 16V batteries. But as mentioned, it typically takes two modules to dissipate enough heat for daily driving.

We never recommend the use of 3 post batteries, because just as was mentioned above, the battery will become imbalanced internally causing premature failure at the least. More severe problems could be severe swelling or case rupture which can be very dangerous.

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER

• 2 weeks later...

I have had great results using Harrison Labs Flux Capacitor voltage step-up modules to charge my 16v bank. They are 100-amps each so I use two to charge my bank at 17.9v (to be legal for all SPL organizations) to match my 200-amp alternator - and my 12v system is completer un-touched. The modules simply takes the 12v system input and outputs 17.9v (or whatever you tell them to set it at).

Charging six PM D1000s this way for months now :)

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg