Sundown Audio

Remote Not Cutting Amp Off?

ChevyBoy

battery in the back isnt dead. and this only happens every now and then. so i cant just leave a harness exposed. that would require me to have my whole dash apart hoping this would happen.

Well it would only be a one time disassembly, but if it's that big of a pain then I guess the switch suffices. At least you know what isn't the problem (amp, switch, head unit)..

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

yea but you cant just leave your harness sticking out of your dash.......

I meant just throw a new remote wire over the seats to do testing while the dash was disassembled. Not long term. :lol:

I'm just saying, when you decide to do that, just don't bother running anything or making it permanent until you try a new wire.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Man, I just had a power 1000 here that would do the exact same thing you're talking about. I would power it up, then turn the truck off, it would stay on... Pull the remote wire out, it would still stay on. Only would turn off if when I pulled the ground wire out. I'd have to guess some kind of stuck relay in the amp.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

I meant just throw a new remote wire over the seats to do testing while the dash was disassembled. Not long term. :lol:

I'm just saying, when you decide to do that, just don't bother running anything or making it permanent until you try a new wire.

with my luck though, it wouldnt happen when the dash is apart
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Man, I just had a power 1000 here that would do the exact same thing you're talking about. I would power it up, then turn the truck off, it would stay on... Pull the remote wire out, it would still stay on. Only would turn off if when I pulled the ground wire out. I'd have to guess some kind of stuck relay in the amp.

That was my guess as well, a stuck relay in the amp at first.

But because he has a switch in the remote line he's 100% correct, it SHOULD NOT matter if the toggle switch is leaking, or worn out or anything because if the headunit turns off, there should be absolutely no power leaving from the headunit through the remote. And since you're saying you've tried other headunits and still same situation, that just leaves me to say you've had a witch do some voodoo on your equipment.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Can you please tell me where the switch is located? To what surface is it fixed?

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

try just taking the remote wire out of your amp , and then take a piece of wire and hook it up straight to the amps power input then stick it on the remote input , if the amp turns on and off when you do that then you know the amps remote circuit is good . If thats the case i wouldnt even bother figuring out whats going on with your headunit and just run a wire from your ignition wire (or any wire that turns off when the car is off like your cig lighter) and just wire up a relay and call it a day, probably dont even need the relay since the remote wire doesnt really draw more then an amp or so.

Too Much Stuff to list .

whats the car make model year?

and was this a problem before the switch was put in, and you thought you would fix it with the switch but it didnt solve the problem?

id also say find a different ignition source to turn the amp on too. Maybe its something in the cars factory wiring since you had this problem on 2 different headunits.

I know you said you dont wanna pull the dash apart, but if thats the case, id say your pretty much sol without wanting to go thru the work and trouble shoot all wires and just assume that they test the same as at the amp. Making this a pointless thread if your not going to put in the effort to try what people are offering for advice.

Archived